Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

I bought a Highway 1 Stratocaster for $369.

bassdrummer

I now have my first electric guitar. They were on clearance at the nearest Guitar Center (Fresno, CA). The sales guys said they were clearing out the inventory to order new colors or something like that. It's a sweet looking, sweet playing crimson red American axe for only $20 more than its Mexican counterpart.

I went in there to check out basses, bass amps, and cymbals and came out with an American made Strat. It was a fun night.

Not that I know how to play it . . . but that'll come with time . . .

:thu:

Oh, don't worry; bass is still my passion and drums A-R-E (edited from the original "is" in deference to BigKahuna855) still my life. But I think it's time to start learning a new instrument! The main thing that worries me is all the new GAS I'll be getting with a guitar. I've got enough Gear Acquisition Syndrome as it is with all the bass and drum gear I keep drooling over . . .

:D

"All the world's indeed a stage, and we are merely players..."

--Rush, "Limelight"

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's a great deal; I paid almost as much for my Korean Strat (but it's a very special Squire, made before they were making inexpensive Fenders in Mexico).

Regardless of what some might say: guitars are good. They are great tools for songwriting. Probably 60% of the time, I write songs on guitar.

Right now I'm Tele crazed, but until my wife has a new dishwasher other than yours truly, I can only dream...

"Start listening to music!".

-Jeremy C

Jonesin' for a Tele? Just out of reach? What a shame...then I guess you won't want to be looking at this!

http://www.peavey.com/images/fullsize/00441260.jpg

The Cropper Classic!! Bwaaah ha ha ha ha!!

Sorry, man. That was a mean thing to do. But let's just say you're lucky I got to you before Maury did. ;)

Hey, good deal there, bassdrummer! :thu:

drums is still my life
well, he certainly has the grammatical skills of the average drummer ;):D

im just playing around with you, BD. Congrats on the nice buy!

"I'm thinkin' we should let bump answer this one...

Prepare to don Nomex!"

-social critic

"When I install my cannons, I'm totally going to blast their asses back to the 16th century; Black Beard style"

-bumpcity

dcr - naw - he's not jonesin' for a tele. He's jonesin for an Anderson....

http://www.andersonguitars.com/images/guitarImages/05,24,2002_10-17-40.jpg

Or maybe it was a Brubaker spalted extreme?

http://www.brubakerguitars.com/images/details_customclassic.jpg

One of those...

Tom

www.stoneflyrocks.com

Acoustic Color

Be practical as well as generous in your ideals. Keep your eyes on the stars and keep your feet on the ground. - Theodore Roosevelt

I was actually checking the date of your post to make sure it wasn't an April's Fool joke. That's a great deal!!! :thu: I hope you enjoy it, but if you don't, at least you'll make some money if you decide to sell it. I'll go to my local GC.

Originally posted by dcr:

Actually, the "Green Onions" bassist would probably prefer to be called Mr. Steinberg, or at least Lewis.

Oh. Well, I , uh, knew that.... I just uh, forgot. :thu:

I suppose next time I could look up the album credits before I go smarting off.

- Matt W.

Originally posted by BigKahuna855:

drums is still my life
well, he certainly has the grammatical skills of the average drummer ;):D

im just playing around with you, BD. Congrats on the nice buy!

Ahem . . . (bassdrummer goes to the closet, finds his English major cap and gown from Fresno Pacific University in 1995, dusts off his diploma and looks at it for inspiration, and dons his scholarly garb)

Problem: ". . . drums is still my life . . ."

Wheretofore bassdrummer hitherto wrote "drums" as shorthand for "playing drums" or "drumset", which would be a singular subject and thus requiring the verb "is," so as to mean "playing drums is still my life" or "drumset is still my life," it could be argued by others, including esteemed members of this celebrated forum, including BigKahuna855, that "drums" is referring to the individual drums of a drumset, which taken together would indeed constitute a plural subject and thus necessitate the verb "are" as in "my drums (here 'drums' would refer to a snare drum, bass drum, mounted toms, and floor toms; but not clearly representing cymbals and hardware) ARE still my life." Thus, in the interest of keeping the collective grammatical peace, I will defer to the honorable BigKahuna855 in this matter, while still maintaining that my original grammatical choice could be argued as correct.

Thank you. Thank you one and all.

;)

"All the world's indeed a stage, and we are merely players..."

--Rush, "Limelight"

excellent way to put a smart ass like me in his place. :D;)

"I'm thinkin' we should let bump answer this one...

Prepare to don Nomex!"

-social critic

"When I install my cannons, I'm totally going to blast their asses back to the 16th century; Black Beard style"

-bumpcity

Archived