Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

The last straw.

Cup

I'm bumping this thread 'cos I'd like to know what happened. The Mixerman saga died out and left me in suspense.

What's is the final score in CupMcMali vs Ampeg? (I'm thinking about the SVT 3 as my next purchase.)

Free your mind and your ass will follow.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm bumping this thread 'cos I'd like to know what happened. The Mixerman saga died out and left me in suspense.

What's is the final score in CupMcMali vs Ampeg? (I'm thinking about the SVT 3 as my next purchase.)

Free your mind and your ass will follow.

I know it isn't the same thing, but I have been trying out a friends SansAmp Bass Driver DI preamp/DI pedal. I REALLY like it. I am debating dumping my SWR Grand Prix preamp and just using the BDDI right into my Stewart power amp.

There's a setting for the BDDI called "SVT" and it sounds great. I know it's not the same, but for all the troubles you've had, maybe it's worth a shot.

There are also other settings that sound really good. I have found about 4 of the presets that I find useful. That's more than I usually find on a piece of gear.

Good luck.

Look for the older SVT III, not the 3Pro. I've been using one for five years now and it is bullet-proof, beside sounding great. I will be sad when I sell it, but... must....have............Accugroove...

www.ethertonswitch.com

My .02 here, when the new SWR 750x crapped out on me right out of the box at first gig, salesdude swapped out with me on a new Ashdown Evo 500II r/c. That was about 6 months ago and I love this amp. And, just in case you do go the Ashdown route, the bulb in the meter did go out but when I emailed Ashdown, (Martin) sent one out to me for free, relaxed my fears about their good service potential. And your alot closer to them there in the UK, down here in Texas I'm happy with Ashdown. Good Luck to ya. :thu:

I've been looking at the Ampeg message boards for the past 4 months now. Reading nearly a 50/50 ratio of posts about amps being reilable, and others being death hounds. I'm considering and SVT-II and SVT Classic. From what I know and read, the SVT-III way less powerful as the above mentioned. I see people post that it's for only specific players and such. I've had horrible repair problems with my old Trace a way back. Shipping it off to Conneticuit many times as they couldn't get it to fail on the bench. Very frustrating. So,I feel you man. For now I use GK, but I'm bored with it.

One amp I've been leaning towards is the Mesa Boogie M-Pulse 600. I have the advantage of playing that thing at work between students. So I bring different basses and see if I can tweek it.

Good luck on getting your rig to fly. That's the worst feeling when your stuff doesn't work. When I had a Trace on the fritz, I carried an older Peavy combo and ran it through my Eden. I LOVED THAT TRACE.

Mike Bear

Artisan-Vocals/Bass

Instructor

i had a crate amp(st.louis music same as ampeg).

i had it for 4 1/2 years of its five year warrenty when it crapped out. i went to my local repair shop (was not a crate repair center), because there was no repair center in my home town. he called crate and they authorized him and covered the repair costs. i am sure if you went over the heads of your local dealer and explained your situation that they will help you.

Archived