Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Looking for Bass Guitar Instructor in Sydney

ondray

Hi,

Will be off to Sydney for 3 years for tertiary studies.

Is there anyone here who teaches the bass guitar or knows someone who does?

I have no preferences. But would love to dig more into blues and jazz. Theory would be awesome too. Am currently playing emo punk in a local band here. Am a little tight in the financial area though. But am not looking for pro stuff, just someone who can expose me to the bass world.

Am also looking for a band to play in. But i guess this is not quite the place to look in cause everyone here is a bassist. :-) But there is any opening, I would love to audition for it. I don't really want to specify my playing style cause I am still trying to expose and learn other genres but I like the bass parts in indie, blues with lots of walking basslines, reggae, ska, and britpop music, I always try to implement these styles into what I play.

Thanks for reading.

ondray

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Ondray

See Page 2 of this Forum, Carol Kayes Tips. There is a link on Bumpcity's post with a list of teachers. There is a guy in Sydney, didnt write down his name. Keep rockin :thu:

"The Blues is the Roots, and the rest is the Fruits"

Willie Dixon

sydney con these guys would be able to get you in touch with one of their students, who could then teach you. Or, if you want to pay more money, one of their tutors.
A man is not usually called upon to have an opinion of his own talents at all; he can very well go on improving them to the best of his ability without deciding on his own precise niche in the temple of Fame. -- C.S.Lewis

Archived