Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

!!! Novice !!!

NTC

Hi everyone

Newby to the forum looking for some advice on the best way of Learning the bass guitar can any one tell me the best cd / book to start with. hopefully I would like a Cd or dvd where I can play a along to some backing music any advice you can give me would be greatly appreciated as I am a total novice. ;)

Thank you

NTC

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you aren't going to start off by taking lessons, get a basic video so that you have the very basic stuff down and then work on your ability to pick out tunes by ear. Get a metronome or drum machine and work on your sense of time. Electric metronmes can be bought relatively cheeply.

Also find a guitar player to practice with. It will make things much more fun, especially if he is better than you.

Good luck!

HypnoBassMan

The deeper you go the better you feel! (True for bass and hypnosis.)

For particular books, a real easy, stare it down in an afternoon book and feel better about yourself book, I would reccomend a mel bay beginners book.

Easy to find used and cheap.

:wave:

Double what we got o mr. roboto

Double

Double

Hey Thingus I was just going to mention that book.

Bass Guitar for Dummies is simply the best book I ever bought for the bass (or any other instrument). I had been playing for a year and a half already and in a successfull cover band but when I bought this book it filled in holes I didn't even know I had in my playing. It has changed the way I look at a playing - which sounds completely lame but it's true.

Oh I'm new to the forum but not to Bass Player mag which I collect and read cover to cover every month. So HI everyone.

Kev

Archived