Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

eye candies from greece!

40hertz

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the body shape :thu: , but the headstock isn't working for me :( . First of all, on a 5-string I like a 2+3 arrangement, so that the tuners for the B and E strings are set a bit further away from the nut. Secondly, I'm just not diggin' the shape of the headstock.

Definitely, though, some cool instruments. :cool:

spreadluv

Fanboy? Why, yes! Nordstrand Pickups and Guitars.

Messiaen knew how to parlay the funk.

Originally posted by rockinredneck69:

I like the red one best :thu:

Me too ..

Willie - I can't tell from the headstock if it's pitched back (I hope it is, since there are no string trees). That makes the 3+2 arrangement more effective. As to the headstock shape, I think it's OK. And that means nothing !!

Tom

www.stoneflyrocks.com

Acoustic Color

Be practical as well as generous in your ideals. Keep your eyes on the stars and keep your feet on the ground. - Theodore Roosevelt

mmm, very nice. I agree with Willie there on the headstock. I wish my bass had the B and E posts a little further from the nut, I've had problems with bending the low B down into the hole in the post as it's so close to the nut (and the little bar thing over the top of the strings) and as the string is so thick. Can be a real pain when re-stringing.

Originally posted by dcr:

Uh oh, Tom...better watch out before you get another nickname: Tom "Capt. Redbass" Capasso! Arrgh, matey!

Hmmm... it's a good thing that the red preference didn't come up in late September. I observed International Talk Like A Pirate Day (Sep. 19 - see www.talklikeapirate.com). If it had all come together, I'd have had to send you to Davey Jones' locker (which might be tricky for you dcr - in Kansas...).

Tom

www.stoneflyrocks.com

Acoustic Color

Be practical as well as generous in your ideals. Keep your eyes on the stars and keep your feet on the ground. - Theodore Roosevelt

Archived