Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

What's all that Clatter in Denver?

Gogrick

Hey all. I havent seen Amy mention it here so I thought I'd give you folks a heads-up.

Lowdown member Clatteramy is going to be playing in Denver this Thursday, Oct 23. I know they've been on the road for a while and havent had frequent access to the internet so I thought I'd let everyone know.

If your in the area come on down. They'll be playing at The Soiled Dove.

http://www.soileddove.com/

Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; one lick and you suck forever.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey, thanks, Gogrick! That would be great to see fellow Lowdowners there! I always feel goofy about posting my shows. :rolleyes: In case you can't make it, we videotaped our Grand Junction, CO show and I have posted one of the songs: Clatter Video You'll need the latest version of QuickTime to watch it. The sound quality is, well, camcorder-like, but it will give you a general idea!

We're in Bozeman tonight on the off-chance any of you are from around here! The rest of our dates are listed here.

Hey Amy, video's real good. The two of you look good by yourselves on stage. I always wondered how exciting a two-piece would be to see and I guess I know now. Pretty cool.

One question though: the chorus seems to have a vocal harmony. Was it backing tracks? Some kind of harmonizer? If you're willing to share secrets I'd be interested to know. Thanks.

Hi Jason,

Glad you liked the video! We get asked about the harmonies a lot. We lifted them off our CD and programmed them into a sequencer. Then we play along to a click track in our in-ear monitors and the harmonies come in at the appropriate times. It sounds really cool!

Playing to a metronome also keeps us nice and solid, plus I have a piano reference that I can get pitch off of for singing since I have trouble hearing it on my bass sometimes.

Dr. Taz: I only process the signal pre-Mesa on a couple songs, where I use the 5th-up on my Digitech Whammy. Otherwise it's a straight signal. We'll be Wantagh next month...does that count? ;)

Cup: I would give any variety of non-bass-playing limbs to play in Ireland!! In fact, we submitted an application to do the Reach 2003 tour of Ireland but weren't selected. :( So maybe we'll have to get to work on our own tour for 2004!

Originally posted by clatteramy:

Dr. Taz: I only process the signal pre-Mesa on a couple songs, where I use the 5th-up on my Digitech Whammy. Otherwise it's a straight signal. We'll be Wantagh next month...does that count? ;)

Cup: I would give any variety of non-bass-playing limbs to play in Ireland!! In fact, we submitted an application to do the Reach 2003 tour of Ireland but weren't selected. :( So maybe we'll have to get to work on our own tour for 2004!

Clatter, as soon as you get dates confirmed for Ireland 2004 pm to let me know.

I wouldn't miss it!

Cup

Archived