Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Business cards

Ryan Griffith

Hopefully this can be regarded as slightly on-topic. I've been considering making some business cards advertising my services as a player and instructor. I've tried to figure it out with MS Word, but it's senseless to me. Does anybody out there either have some cheap solutions for this idea? Heck, if you can explain how to use the Word templates that'd be a grand start. I've heard there are places online you can order cheap business cards from, but I always like dealing through recommendations.

Thanks!

Regards,

~Griff

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

(Shameless plug for the company that did my business cards)

I am extremely happy with my cards, and it's all original, customized artwork.

Neverland Graphics

When you speak to Ada, tell her Jake sent ya' (No, I don't get a kickback, but you may get a discount).

"Bass isn't just for breakfast anymore..."

http://www.mp3.com/Addix_Metzatricity

I make all of my own cards using Publisher and have made some pretty nice looking ones. :thu:

You can do it in Word as well, it's harder, but if you are good with using graphics in Word, you can come up with pretty good results.

If you're not good using Word, maybe you should take the class I teach to 12 and 13 year olds. :D

Try this website for assistance.

Word business card help

Or this one:

Word Templates

I used to make my own cards for my business. The card stock available (with the perforations) is not he same quality as professional stock that is cut. The ink from my Laserjet rubbed off.

Now I pay less than $100 for 5,000 at the professional print shop down the road. The cards do not absorb water, they do not have a jagged edge and the ink does not run off.

YMMV

i have to agree with banta on this one. it's so freakin cheap to a real printer and get cards made. IMO it's not that it looks better to have professional looking cards, but it looks terrible not to.
Eeeeeehhhhhhhhh.

I've been asked for a card just a few times and I always joke: I'm a bass player; we don't need business cards. (Actually, it's kind of true!)

But I've been thinking about breaking down and doing the card thing for a band. So I'm glad I got the heads-up on Vista Print vs. inkjet.

One little hypothetical should explain the need for business cards for a band (and in general). If you have business cards, you always have note paper on which to scribble notes to bar managers, store owners, or the chick in the strappy dress in the front row. The beauty is that who ever has your note also has your name on the back and a way to get ahold of you.
...think funky thoughts... :freak:

When I need business cards, I just set the type, make a negative in the darkroom, burn a metal plate, ink up the printing press (I have 3), print all I need, let dry, cut on my power paper cutter and I have business cards. Oh, I own a printing company. My other profession is playing Bass.

Archived