Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Eden

blakemaclean

I'm looking to buy an Eden d410XLT cabinet, with the WT800 head. I've heard Eden's before and liked the tone, but no store in LA carries them in-stock so i cant try one out. Right now i have the Carvin Redeye combo with a 1x15 under it, and i hate the tone on it. Since i'd have to directly buy the Eden, can anyone give me any advice as to how they sound or what experience you've had with them? Thanks

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a Nemesis Combo (poor man's Eden), and I've played one of there 2 x 10's. I love the combo, but wasn't crazy about the 2 x 10 (sounded kind of muddy compared to the other cabs I tried).

I believe Eden was just bought, and from what I've heard, dealers are having a hard time getting product, and with the new sales terms.

I'd be surprised if you could deal direct, but if you can make sure you hear the set up before you buy it purely on reputation, and what others have told you.

"Start listening to music!".

-Jeremy C

They were just bought by US Music Corporation who dropped almost all the dealers. LA Music Exchange though will order it(with a no return policy) but i pay $2100 instead of around $3300, which is partly why its so enticing to me. Unfortunately i'm obsessed with having good tone so i'm hoping the 410 with a tweeter won't be so muddy.

I've had five Eden heads and nine Eden cabs. I recently replaced my Demeter/QSC rack with the new WT550 head. I love their sound,plug in,set the EQ flat and you have instant great bass tone. Play with the enhance knob and the EQ and you can get any variation of that great tone. I had a 410XLT and it sounds great but I prefer the Epifanis. The 410XLT is a bear to move. I prefered using two 210XLT's. If you're having trouble finding Edens call Garth or Beaver at BassCentral in Florida,they're one of the largest dealers in the U.S. and may give you a trial period.

The Epi has much better pitch focus,definition,articulation,and punch. It's a much more accurate cab. The Eden sounds great too and gives a little more low end woof than the Epi but the notes aren't as clear and defined.

Originally posted by humabass:

The Epi has much better pitch focus,definition,articulation,and punch. It's a much more accurate cab. The Eden sounds great too and gives a little more low end woof than the Epi but the notes aren't as clear and defined.

Epifani is what I compared the Eden to and I felt very much the same; More focused, better range, but more expensive.

"Start listening to music!".

-Jeremy C

Archived