Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

MP3.com

ibescotty

So all you mp3.com users, what is your take on the site. Is it good for promoting your music? I have noticed that a lot of people use it around these parts. Any criticisms at all?

Double Posting since March 2002

Random Post Generator #26797

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The good part is that you're rated. You have a standing, ya' know. That's kinda neat.

The bad part is that people HAVE to sign up, or log in, to listen to anything. I don't like that.

But free is free.

I haven't paid yet, but I may in the future. When I need the extra space.

"Bass isn't just for breakfast anymore..."

http://www.mp3.com/Addix_Metzatricity

MP3.com used to be great, back in 99-00. But now, you are awash in a sea of so many users, so much crap, and so much Spam, and so many fees if you want decent service, it's hardly worth it anymore. Plus, should Vivendi/Universal suddenly divest themselves of it, I don't want my music being in the hands of an "assignee". I used to have my main presence there. I maintain one song there now, just to keep the page alive, so I can prove my press kit assertion of a quarter of a million plays. If it weren't for that, I'd be out of there.

If you're looking for a truly artist-friendly OMD, try ArtistLaunch. It's $39.95 a year (not a stiff monthly fee) for up to 30 songs, up to 192kb/sec encoding, songs that go live on the site THE INSTANT THEY FINISH UPLOADING, (what is it now on MP3.com, 3 weeks?) ad-hoc CD creation/manufacturing, FreeWorld Radio play, and a whole lot more. (Yes, I'm a little biased, I'm the Jazz genre manager there, but regardless it's a friendly little neighborhood)

Go take a look! You can sign up for a free 30 day trial that give you 10 songs, and a chance to sniff around and see if the services suit you. Tell 'em I sent you, if you do. (there's a selection menu in the signup area)

Cheers!

Phil "Llarion: The Jazzinator" Traynor

www.llarion.com

Smooth Jazz

- QUESTION AUTHORITY. Go ahead, ask me anything.

http://www.llarion.com/images/dichotomybanner.jpg

Heh, I had checked this site out from your signature before. It looked interesting. I sent the link on to the rest of the band to digest.

Looks interesting. How about Tonos. Any opinions?

Double Posting since March 2002

Random Post Generator #26797

Tonos seems to be geared more towards people who wish to collaborate online. They have a pretty strong reputation, but if I recall, they are expensive, and less geard toward the public listening to your music.... Very strong networking community from what I've seen though. They are very well capitalized.

Cheers!

Phil "Llarion: The Jazzinator" Traynor

www.llarion.com

Smooth Jazz

- QUESTION AUTHORITY. Go ahead, ask me anything.

http://www.llarion.com/images/dichotomybanner.jpg

Archived