Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Sonar XL 1.3.1 experts, please help with a problem! PLEEEEEEEEEEASE?

What I am mainly trying to do is this: I open up my two overhead tracks and my snare track, and my kick track. I want to align the phase relation of these 4 tracks. What is happening is this: Sometimes I have to go a little ways into the clips to see a good wave form to do this alignment. Then I zoom in pretty close to see the "cycles" of the sound. When I zoom in really close though, when I grab the clip I want to move, instead of moving it maybe a sample or two, it moves it sometimes to the very beginning of the song, or a measure, or ANYTHING OTHER than a sample or two like I want it to. VERY frustrating. But if I pull the zoom back out and try to move the same clip, I can move it, but if I go far enough out that it doesn't move it too far I also cannot see the waveform well enough to line up the "cycles" together. I have tried various "snap to grid" options, and have even disabled snap to grid, but none of that seems to matter. It seems like it only does it when I zoom in really close. Also, I seem to have better luck IF I break the whole clip up into smaller clips and move each of them, and if I am at the very beginning of the clip I have better success than like half way into the clip. I would like to just move the whole darn track at once though as the phase relationship between tracks will be the same throughout the song. Anyway, I am looking for some help on this. I would prefer some type of "nudge" function, but the closest I have found is the "Slide" function in the Edit menu, and that will only move the clip backwards in the time line, and the smallest move it will do is a "frame", which when I tried it seems to also move the clip farther than I want... Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! Dumdum

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 options here,either shut the grid off(release)and put the sample any where you want or click the arrow next to the grid and choose 16th,32nd or whatever you need.
"A Robot Playing Trumpet Blows"

• 1 month later...
According to the Sonar manual the Slide function allows you to slide selected events or markers by " measures,ticks,seconds,frames,or samples". I haven't used it yet but it sounds like that would would get the job done.

Archived