Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Platinum Status!!!

davebrownbass

Well, guys...hit my platinum status 1000th post tonight...

Hope I haven't been a problem...you guys are great to talk to.

"Let's raise the level of this conversation" -- Jeremy Cohen, in the Picasso Thread.

Still spendin' that political capital far faster than I can earn it...stretched way out on a limb here and looking for a better interest rate.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

...and I'm following JDL.

Congrats DBB, you are a wealth of knowledge. Thanks for sharing!

groove, v.

Inflected Form(s): grooved; groov·ing

transitive senses:1a.to make a groove in;1b.to join by a groove;2.to perfect by repeated practice;3.to throw (a pitch) in the groove

intransitive senses:1.to become joined or fitted by a groove;2.to form a groove;3.to enjoy oneself intensely;4.to interact harmoniously

- groov·er noun

You rocked before I read your posts, if only because of your Beethoven avatar.

You rocked after I read your posts, as they were informed, interesting, humorous, insightful, and experienced.

You rock now just as hard as before, but now you're membership is compared to a precious metal usually reserved for describing really swanky credit cards.

Oh, and you've made a ton of posts, which also rocks.

Rock on!

unkownroadband.com - step into the unkown :-)

Congratulations!

The time you've spent sharing all of the info and humor and encouragement is VERY appreciated.

I am so pleased to have found this forum, and you are one of the reasons why.

Have a champagne or soda or something to celebrate this accomplishment! I send you a "cyber-toast!"

... Connie Z

"Change comes from within." - Jeremy Cohen

The definition of LUCK: When Preparation meets Opportunity!

http://www.cybergumbo.com

DBB, you're indeed an inspiration for us younger lowdowners who still are in the earlier stages of playing and living. I've learnt a great deal from you, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. Thanks for your great posts, and keep up the good work in the future too! :thu:

-Pernax

(up to 200 characters) You may use UBBCode in your signature.

Sniff, sniff. I don't know what to say, you're like a bass-playing cyberdad to me! Maybe someday I'll think of enough of my semi-dumb questions and smartass remarks to reach 1,000.

;)

Ah, nice marmot.

Not being an expert in any of the topics discussed on this board, I am mostly on a "lurking mode". However, being a very enthusiastic "amateur" bass player, I consult this forum on a very regular basis. It is mostly informative.

I want to express my gratitude to all of you, and at this time especially to DBB, who take the time to post and maintain such a high level of quality of this forum.

Keep on posting! :thu:

Woah, I just looked to the left and realized that I'm platnium too! How'd that happen????

:D

Congrats, Dave! You are one of the wise giants here...please don't get bored like some of the others did! ;)

Congrats on the milestone, dbb.

It's not just the quality of the posts, but the humanity and moral value that supports them. You can't separate those intrinsic values from even your most lighthearted writings.

The pleasure is all ours. :thu:

Tom

www.stoneflyrocks.com

Acoustic Color

Be practical as well as generous in your ideals. Keep your eyes on the stars and keep your feet on the ground. - Theodore Roosevelt

Originally posted by davebrownbass:

Well, guys...hit my platinum status 1000th post tonight...

Hope I haven't been a problem...you guys are great to talk to.

Feels great, huh? :D I turned Platinum a couples of weeks ago. I hope some day I can be in a Platinum recording :cool:

Who Put The ' M ' In MySpace?

don\'t_click | day_job

Originally posted by Sweet Willie:

By golly, there just ain't nuthin' like a good ol' fashioned DBB Love Fest! :love:

;):D

Peace.

Now if someone breaks out any Elton John love songs, I'm making a run for it :D
(up to 200 characters) You may use UBBCode in your signature.

Originally posted by Pernax:

Originally posted by Sweet Willie:

By golly, there just ain't nuthin' like a good ol' fashioned DBB Love Fest! :love:

;):D

Peace.

Now if someone breaks out any Elton John love songs, I'm making a run for it :D
. . .Our gift is this thread and,

this one's for you,

And Dave can tell everybody,

that this is his thread . . .

Ah, nice marmot.

Aw, heck, I passed 1,000 a while back too, ya know...but, that's just because I've got a damned big mouth. :freak: (For that I get platinum?! Cardboard Member, or Extruded Plastic Member, or Visquine Member, maybe...but platinum?!? :D )

Congrats, Dave, on passing the mark for all the RIGHT reasons! :thu: You are indeed one of the wise.

Originally posted by dcr:

Aw, heck, I passed 1,000 a while back too, ya know...but, that's just because I've got a damned big mouth. :freak: (For that I get platinum?! Cardboard Member, or Extruded Plastic Member, or Visquine Member, maybe...but platinum?!? :D )

How 'bout bein' an "equine member" -- sure would beat bein' a "bovine member"! :eek::rolleyes:

spreadluv

Fanboy? Why, yes! Nordstrand Pickups and Guitars.

Messiaen knew how to parlay the funk.

I guess if we're making up new membership levels, I can be a comedic-excrement member...

"

I sat at my desk

and kicked off my shoes

well a few of his writings

well they've got me con-fused

but the things he's taught us, why they mean so much

Talks on life and music, our hearts he does touch

"

Tom

www.stoneflyrocks.com

Acoustic Color

Be practical as well as generous in your ideals. Keep your eyes on the stars and keep your feet on the ground. - Theodore Roosevelt

:thu:

Thanks for the classical music tips too!

Congrats

RobT

Famous Musical Quotes: "I would rather play Chiquita Banana and have my swimming pool than play Bach and starve" - Xavier Cugat

Archived