Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: The Shaming of the True

For those of you who have no idea who Kevin Gilbert is, you really, really need to get hip to his work. Kevin was a brilliant musician/composer and the range of his work is just amazing.

I know my esteemed colleague BenLoy has mentioned The Shaming of the True before as well... it's simply brilliant. I've been listening to it all day at work and I just had to stick a thread in here about Kev and his utter brilliance.

Please, do yourself a favor and buy "The Shaming of the True" by Kevin Gilbert.

"let's be spontaneous!!!"

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"YOU SOUND LIKE AIR SUPPLY!

...IN A GOOD WAY!"

I echo Bumcity's sentiments with a red face and a sore diaphragm from shouting. Get this record and get it now!

Go to www.kevingilbert.com and buy it!

NOW!!!!

Kevin Gilbert is probably most well known as Sheryl Crow's producer...but is own material has a razor-sharp prog rock edge that must be heard to be believed. The Shaming of the True is a concept album that is wholly and refreshingly unpretentious.

It tells the story of Johnny Virgil, a young songwriter with dreams of stardom. He moves to the big city, gains the attention of some record industry bigwigs, and becomes a star very quickly. Much chewing up and spitting out by the record company ensues as a result...

No Dream Theater chopfests masquerading as concept albums here. Just hard rockin' songs.

I've had "TSOTT" for quite some time, nothing new hear.

Sounds like the Keneally crew had quite an effect on you(beermonkey). Too bad you didn't get to see them perform it in it's entirety at last year's Progwest show. :eek: The good news is that a video was shot of it and should be available in the near future. :D

Originally posted by alaskabass:

I've had "TSOTT" for quite some time, nothing new hear.

Sounds like the Keneally crew had quite an effect on you(beermonkey). Too bad you didn't get to see them perform it in it's entirety at last year's Progwest show. :eek: The good news is that a video was shot of it and should be available in the near future. :D

I was hangin' with Chris G last night, we went and saw the Ben Taylor band (James Taylors son) 'cause Rick Musallam is playing the geeetar for him. Good show, scary how much he sounds and looks like his father.

Chris and I were discussing the utter brilliance which is the Shaming of the True and he mentioned that they may do another performance of it sometime this year. No date or anything yet, as it really depends on everyone's availability, but it's a definate possibility. Yay!

Archived