Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

So Far Off Topic--Emmitt is gone

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cornbread,I feel your pain. Kinda, I felt the same way years ago when Dorsett left for Denver. I think it'll be better for the boys and for ES to part ways at this point.
jgc2002 is not responsible for damages ,injuries and or death as result of above post.Side effects include nasuea,dizziness,dry mouth,vomiting,blurred vision,nervousness,loss of memory and in extreme cases sexual side effects. www.mp3.com/salt_creek

Yeah, I was upset about Dorsett leaving, too. They still have to pay Emmitt $4.9 million this season. They could have restructured him to the league minimum and saved that money. I'm hoping the draft will brighten my mood.

Robb, I'll spare you all on why I think so poorly of Barry. He was good, but nowhere near as good as Payton, et al.

There is a sense that the fans want to feel attached to their players, and the system doesn't allow that anymore. Sometimes a guy needs to move on at the end of his career, and can do a combination of playing and coaching (Vinnie Testaverde of the Jets is an example). You'd think Emmitt would be valuable as a mentor to whoever they bring in....

Tom

www.stoneflyrocks.com

Acoustic Color

Be practical as well as generous in your ideals. Keep your eyes on the stars and keep your feet on the ground. - Theodore Roosevelt

Ya gotta keep in mind that Parcells axed Bill Bates. Avezanno I can understand,but Bates. :cry:
jgc2002 is not responsible for damages ,injuries and or death as result of above post.Side effects include nasuea,dizziness,dry mouth,vomiting,blurred vision,nervousness,loss of memory and in extreme cases sexual side effects. www.mp3.com/salt_creek

Originally posted by robb.:

barry sanders.

I'm gonna have to side with Robb on this one. Emmit is a fantastic RB, but if Barry had stayed in the NFL and not retired, he'd have shattered Walter's(Smith's now) record. He was about 1500 yards away at 9 seasons. Best of all, he was humble. No end zone dance, theatrics, and other BS. Just played football.

i hope he winds up with the Broncos!! and Terrell Davis would be king if he hadnt gotten hurt- he was unstoppable!!!!!!

( runs and hides....) :eek:

Praise ye the LORD.

....praise him with stringed instruments and organs...

Let every thing that hath breath praise the LORD.

excerpt from- Psalm 150

visit me at:

www.adriangarcia.net

for His glory

Terrell Davis was a very good back, but, he had a great line, a luxury Emmitt didn't have for more than half of his career. Barry had a good line, but he never ran with his blocks. Granted, he was a great runner, but, he would have gotten hurt with all the hits he took. It was inevitible. He actually played a lot of games injured, but, he didn't have a love for the game, which is why he left like he did. He constantly shrugged off training camp and didn't participate in full team drills, if he practiced at all. Had he wanted to, he would have smoked that record long ago. All he cared about was how much money he was going to make.

Yeah, Emmitt was great.

He and Troy, Woodson and a few others managed to keep their heads above the muck that the rest of that admittedly fantastic team wallowed in.

And I'm speaking as a Cowboy fan.

Personally speaking, Jerry Jones micro-managing the team has resulted in many bad things. Troy has even stated he was "glad he was out of here."

So, in a sense, Emmitt is lucky to have his health and talent intact...and out of this system. Parcells will, I trust, bring sanity back to the 'boys.

Meanwhile, Emmitt (whose greatest gift, by the way, is his heart) may land on some contending team. I hope so.

As to the argument: Emmitt, Barry, Walter, Jim Brown, OJ Simpson or whoever. Each situation is different; each player is gifted in different ways.

One measure is what the man meant to his team....Emmitt ran to Super Bowls. Another measure is the elegance of the runner...Barry sure looked good. Another measure is how far a runner rose above the pack. Jim Brown obviously stood out.

It's the same way in bass. Is Jaco better than Jameson? Entwhistle better than Wooten. This is NOT competition. If they played bass that meant something; if they touched you...that's enough.

"Let's raise the level of this conversation" -- Jeremy Cohen, in the Picasso Thread.

Still spendin' that political capital far faster than I can earn it...stretched way out on a limb here and looking for a better interest rate.

Archived