Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Robert Trujillo -- Double Booked!

Timothy Lyons

At the time the lineup for Ozzfest was announced, Robert Trujillo was on the bill with Mike Bordin and Zakk Wylde to back Ozzy Osbourne on stage. At the time, they assumed Robert was not chosen to play the bottom end for Metallica.

I'm assuming with the recent news, Ozzy is auditioning for a new bassist and mumbling at them...will anyone ever know what this guy tells them? Anyway, back to Metallica / Ozzfest. Metallica's Summer Sanitarium and Ozzfest's dates coincide with each other's almost entirely. Obviously Robert will not be playing behind the bat-head biting Brit.

The question is no longer who will be playing bass for Metallica, but now we need to ask who's going to play bass for Ozzy?

\m/ Timothy Lyons

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by jeremyc:

Interesting business, this music business is, Yoda says.

Mr. Trujillo, signed contract did he have with Ozzy?

Contract did he break?

Metallica, will he do the same to, when he better gig gets?

Man's word stronger than his sword Yoda says.

If there is a Bassgod, and there is an "ALL - STAR" Post of the Decade Award - You have my vote!

And, seeing as I live in the "Land of the Hanging and Dangling Chad", I'll see that you get it!

Jeremy: that was freakin' BRILLIANT!!!

Thanks for the laugh!

JBFLA

Jim

Confirmed RoscoeHead

• 1 month later...
Originally posted by Timothy Lyons:

The question is no longer who will be playing bass for Metallica, but now we need to ask who's going to play bass for Ozzy?

This might seem a bit stupid, but I've seen this posted a lot of places lately: JASON NEWSTED JOINS OZZY - I don't know if it is just a rumour though

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1470192/20030227/story.jhtml

Originally posted by CloneHead:

Originally posted by Timothy Lyons:

This might seem a bit stupid, but I've seen this posted a lot of places lately: JASON NEWSTED JOINS OZZY - I don't know if it is just a rumour though

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1470192/20030227/story.jhtml

Old post...Jason Newsted is playing bass for Ozzy as well as Voivod on the Ozzfest bill.

He called me personally after the announcement--I'm an employee of his--and we discussed this. He's stoked about this job, and because of it is no longer considering retiring because of his back. He's learned what movements hurt him and which don't so he can perform on and on with minimal harm. He never realized how much of a need there was for his style on the market, and because of this, is no longer considering retirement.

\m/ Timothy Lyons

I just got the latest issue of Bass Player with Ozzy and Jason Newsted screaming at me from the cover.

Looks like it's official. The irony is very humorous to me.

Looks like Jason's happier than a pig in sh*t, though...what Ozzy fan wouldn't be?

I think it's extremely cool that J-Newkid is playing deep sea bass with Ozzy now. Newsted is a solid player and I always thought it was a shame that he was calling it a career so early on in his life.

Archived