Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Vote on my pick...please!

Timothy Lyons

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I vote for number one.

It looks hipper and more modern to me.

Someone gave me a pick once, on one side it said, "Real Bass Players", on the other side it said, "Don't Use Picks".

I'm going to post the pics again for you because your links weren't right (at least on my computer)

Pick #1

http://www.leuchtnet.com/pics/bluepick.gif

Pick #2

http://www.leuchtnet.com/pics/bluepick2.gif

Originally posted by jeremyc:

I vote for number one.

It looks hipper and more modern to me.

Someone gave me a pick once, on one side it said, "Real Bass Players", on the other side it said, "Don't Use Picks".

I'm going to post the pics again for you because your links weren't right (at least on my computer)

Pick #1

http://www.leuchtnet.com/pics/bluepick.gif

Pick #2

http://www.leuchtnet.com/pics/bluepick2.gif

Thanks for that! That would be a cool pick to have the 'Real bass players / Don't use picks' but I find it easier to sing while playing with a pick. I play with both, generally a pick for metal and fingers for everything else...but I tend to play mostly metal so the picks are a decent investment.

I think I rambled off again.

\m/ Timothy Lyons

I like pick number one. I like the Dunlop orange picks (for guitar) But blue is nice.

"Let's raise the level of this conversation" -- Jeremy Cohen, in the Picasso Thread.

Still spendin' that political capital far faster than I can earn it...stretched way out on a limb here and looking for a better interest rate.

The blue Tortex ones I use are 1mm. For me, that's just right for bass. Gets enough treble attack, without obscuring the lower overtones, especially on roundwounds.

I alternate between pick and fingers, depending on the style.

As for the pick designs, I can't decide. I'd probably have a bit of both on hand, and why not? They're both good designs to me. :)

Originally posted by tazzola:

As for the pick designs, I can't decide. I'd probably have a bit of both on hand, and why not? They're both good designs to me. :)

That's my problem...I can't afford both! Unfortunately minimum order is 800 picks on ONE design only :(
\m/ Timothy Lyons

Timothy, you're buying 800 picks at one time? Are you running a music store or just forgetful?

I buy picks in batches of 6 or 7 at a time and this lasts me ages.

I prefer the 1st design. I take it the difference is purely cosmetic.

CupMcMali...this monkey's gone to heaven :freak:

Originally posted by CowbellAllen:

I'd order a pick from our good friend TuskBuffer in the Guitar Forum. Made of real mammoth ivory and cost around or less than $20. Patrick could tell you how they work....hasn't had one negative review yet!

Me Patrick? I don't have one...I'm in the works for getting one made from the design of a Dunlop Big Stubby 3.0, though.

As for the pick choice, I'd go with #2. Looks cooler, but then again, so does #1...I can't decide... :confused:

Originally posted by CupMcMali:

Timothy, you're buying 800 picks at one time? Are you running a music store or just forgetful?

I buy picks in batches of 6 or 7 at a time and this lasts me ages.

First of all, they're good for promo, hand them out, they've got the .com so hopefully they'll like what they see and come back for more. Decent business cards too in a way.

I'm very picky. (no pun intended) If a pick doesn't feel right because it's been used too much, it's trash. And I always play new picks for gigs for good luck, meaning every gig is at least eight new picks (one in the hand, seven on the mic stand) and those usually get swiped.

\m/ Timothy Lyons

I would go with #2. The dragon is cool.

heres a suggestion why dont you put the sun around the dragon? ooooo tricky you can have both on one.

"Cliff Burton (the "Major rager of the 4-string mother f***er", from Metallica)" Direct quote from Wikipedia (censored out of respect for the forum)

Originally posted by Penguinsarebirds:

heres a suggestion why dont you put the sun around the dragon? ooooo tricky you can have both on one.

Dragon? Isn't it a lion -- kind of like something you'd see on a coat of arms.

I prefer #1 myself. But the idea to combine the two ideas sounds like a good one to me -- if it can be done, and done without clutter.

Peace.

spreadluv

Fanboy? Why, yes! Nordstrand Pickups and Guitars.

Messiaen knew how to parlay the funk.

Originally posted by Sweet Willie:

Yep, it's a lion...little play on my name.

It's lion for my last name.

Or the sun for the translation of my moniker Leucht...which means to shine in German.

\m/ Timothy Lyons

Originally posted by Sweet Willie:

I prefer #1 myself. But the idea to combine the two ideas sounds like a good one to me -- if it can be done, and done without clutter.

Peace.

OK heres my excuse for saying "dragon" and not "lion" like i should have. "I just woke up and i was sleepy and my eyes hurt and blah blah blah" there ya go.

I still say put both on the same one.

"Cliff Burton (the "Major rager of the 4-string mother f***er", from Metallica)" Direct quote from Wikipedia (censored out of respect for the forum)

I don't know if any of those picks would be good. And, if I had to pick one, go with the first one.

But, if yuo really want an amazing pick, check out This Pick

I have two. Dude, I've had em for like, 3 years. I don't need another pick. It's so awesome. They are very good if you need to sing. Any way you turn them, you can grip the string and get amazing tone at the same time.

Seriously, check them out.

If the link doesn't work, then go to musicians friend and go to bass, and go to picks. It will be on the second page. It will look like a triangle, sorry the link probably doesn't work.

I've always been a sucker for the 'rampant lion' image myself.

I checked out the sight mentioned on the pick, just to see what it was all about. I was suprised to find you're in the Cisco Academy! I'm doing the same program here in Colorado. I got my CCNA last summer and am going to sit for my second CCNP exam in a few weeks. It's a pretty good program, good luck with it!

Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; one lick and you suck forever.

So you can't have both text and a picture on one side and then the lion on the flipside?

Like this:

http://www.saunalahti.fi/~jaakka/Pottu/bluepick3.jpg

I made a minor modification to the location of the text and the sun-picture...

-Pernax

(up to 200 characters) You may use UBBCode in your signature.

I like the first one.

Pernax had a good idea though... but that would probably cost more, for graphics on both sides...

DX

Aerodyne Jazz Deluxe

Pod X3 Live

Roland Bolt-60 (modified)

Genz Benz GBE250-C 2x10

Acoustic 2x12 cab

Archived