Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

that's not how you spell bass!!

shex

hehe, i was just writing my resume` when mum came up and read it. she said to me "that's not how you spell bass!! it's B A S E!"

then she realized that i post in bass forums, and have bought a bass online... lol just thought it was funny... a 40 year old woman can't spell bass... lol

- roses on your breath but graveyards on your soul -

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by patrick_dont_fret:

My sister thinks the only bass is base, and that bass should be pronounced bass. What about the bass controls in your car? It's still pronounced bass. Not bass.

Its amazing how much sense that paragraph made :thu:
"Cliff Burton (the "Major rager of the 4-string mother f***er", from Metallica)" Direct quote from Wikipedia (censored out of respect for the forum)

I'm not quite sure why this thread is amusing me so much. I guess it brings back memories of eBay searches for "bass" listed highest price to lowest, and having quite a few fishing vessels show up at the top of the list.

And I know my response to an ad reading "free base" would be different than my response to one reading "free bass" -- although hopefully the latter wouldn't have been placed by the local fish monger!

Perhaps all of this would be moot if luthiers just started building bass-shaped basses. Fish hooks could attach the strings to the bridge and locking reels could serve as tuners.

I wonder if Les Claypool is lurking and reading all of this...

spreadluv

Fanboy? Why, yes! Nordstrand Pickups and Guitars.

Messiaen knew how to parlay the funk.

Originally posted by Sweet Willie:

I'm not quite sure why this thread is amusing me so much. I guess it brings back memories of eBay searches for "bass" listed highest price to lowest, and having quite a few fishing vessels show up at the top of the list.

And I know my response to an ad reading "free base" would be different than my response to one reading "free bass" -- although hopefully the latter wouldn't have been placed by the local fish monger!

Perhaps all of this would be moot if luthiers just started building bass-shaped basses. Fish hooks could attach the strings to the bridge and locking reels could serve as tuners.

I wonder if Les Claypool is lurking and reading all of this...

I've been listed on more than one occasion as playing "deep sea bass" on recordings I've done for people. :D

Originally posted by Sweet Willie:

Originally posted by Bumpcity:

I've been listed on more than one occasion as playing "deep sea bass" on recordings I've done for people. :D

Fish on, baby, fish on!
Ler? Is that you? :D

-John the Fisherman

i hate spelling and gross carbines so dont beat them or they'll think you like their product, vice?! isnt it a little ironic?

jeeze...

i hate spelling and gross carbines so dont beat them or they'll think you like their product, vice?! isnt it a little ironic?

jeeze...

(whoops, sorry for the doubly copy.)

smarties are the gayest group

smarties are the gayest group

I've always thought that spelling it "base" would make a lot more sense. Since the bass is at the *base* of the music. Some people (bassists, in particular) might even say that all good music is *based* around the bass. ;)

Do they spell it "base" in other parts of the world? Remember "Ace of BasE"? Is it a European thing?

Screw the big smelly fish. From now on, I play BASE! :thu:

All your bass are belong to us!

What's really funny, however, is when you ask your girlfriend to pick you up a 'bass' magazine while she's at the drugstore, and she comes home with a 'fishing' magazine for you that says "Bass" right on the cover. How can you blame her?!

And what's not so funny is that I'm older than Slaetry's mother.

:D

Originally posted by GrooveMouse:

Do they spell it "base" in other parts of the world? Remember "Ace of BasE"? Is it a European thing?

Ain't a European thing. French has the compromisory "basse" and in Italian it's "basso." Whereas the Italian for base would be "baso." Anyone contribute some other European language tidbits.

And again, I proclaim: Fish on!

Peace.

spreadluv

Fanboy? Why, yes! Nordstrand Pickups and Guitars.

Messiaen knew how to parlay the funk.

Archived