Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Ampeg Anniversary series heads

Cuahtemoc

Does anyone know if there is any difference between the anniversary series heads and their normal counterparts? Looking around after I bought my SVT-350AV, I'm thinking if theres no actual difference bar appearance, I got gypped. I paid $2500 AU for it (approx. 1500 U.S.); the SVT-350H, which is the regular model, can be had for about $900 U.S.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the amp's in good condition, you can always get a pretty good deal if you do decide to sell it. Personally, I wouldn't do that right away. I'd wait a few years, and maybe when you land that dream job, it'll be worth even more in the used market. :) Just a thought.

Besides, I'd love to have one of those. I mean, it's solid state, an AMPEG, and looks like it's built to last. The only thing I'd add is my BP200 processor, a Hartke 4x10 w/ horn, and a Blue Tube pedal for some tube color... GasGasGas... :thu:

I dont have a problem with the amp at all; its the best sounding bass amp I've played, which is why I bought it. I was just curious as to the importance of the "Anniversary" series. Ah well. At least I got a nice certificate of authenticity with it ;-)

Hey, doesn't it have a chrome front panel, as opposed to basic black? everyone knows you get a brighter sound with chrome-front-panelled amps!

That alone is worth the $500 difference!

DX

Aerodyne Jazz Deluxe

Pod X3 Live

Roland Bolt-60 (modified)

Genz Benz GBE250-C 2x10

Acoustic 2x12 cab

Yeah, damn... brushed aluminum doesn't sound anywhere as good as chrome...

Dude, you got hosed! I'd take it off your hands for you, though... someone needs to make the sacrifice, so it may as well be me...

DX

Aerodyne Jazz Deluxe

Pod X3 Live

Roland Bolt-60 (modified)

Genz Benz GBE250-C 2x10

Acoustic 2x12 cab

Archived