Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

pic of my little family

Scoot

Here's a pic of the new gear I got last week. In the rack you see the new and lovely Ashdown RPM1 pre and a Crown MT1200. Also pictured are my Ibanez SR3005ESOL (left) and Warwick Corvette (w/ lovely electrical tape holding the straplocks in. :D )

http://www.asmdmohaa.com/uploads/photos/DSCF0005.JPG

Ah, nice marmot.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by jeremyc:

Nice gear. You call it your "family".

Did you have to sell your first born to get it?

maybe not, but if his wife is anything like mine, she has threatened to leave him several times over it, and he has probably grown closer to his gear as a result... ;)

DX

Aerodyne Jazz Deluxe

Pod X3 Live

Roland Bolt-60 (modified)

Genz Benz GBE250-C 2x10

Acoustic 2x12 cab

Nice rig er..ah... family?! Is that a Furman power conditioner and a BBE sonic maximizer too?

RobT

Famous Musical Quotes: "I would rather play Chiquita Banana and have my swimming pool than play Bach and starve" - Xavier Cugat

Originally posted by Bumpcity:

[QB]...Did you ever work out that gain problem you were having?...QB]

I'm embarrassed to say yeah. Somehow my sweepable mid knob on the Ibanez got turned to maximum cut on the low mids. When I fixed this it was screaming in the red. Yes, I'm retarded. :freak:
Ah, nice marmot.

How do you like the Crown and Ashdown combination.

I'm looking to do the same with my Acme cab. I run a SWR SM-400 and at times it seems a little underpowered in bridge mode. I'm starting to see the wisdom in something >500watts+

RobT

Famous Musical Quotes: "I would rather play Chiquita Banana and have my swimming pool than play Bach and starve" - Xavier Cugat

Originally posted by RobT:

How do you like the Crown and Ashdown combination.

I'm looking to do the same with my Acme cab. I run a SWR SM-400 and at times it seems a little underpowered in bridge mode. I'm starting to see the wisdom in something >500watts+

To quote Bump, "It's sex."

Seriously, it's kick ass. I'm running 970W @ 8-ohms now and it's amazing how clear the lows are compared to what I was used to. Perfectly clean all the way down to a de-tuned Ab on my 5-string. Jammed w/ my old drummer last night, and he "loved it". You can really drive the tube section to get a great modern-rock sound, or turn the dial to the solid state section for the cleans.

All around a great setup, thanks (for the 12th time) again for all your help guys. I can stop spending $$$ on gear now (yeah, sure!)

Ah, nice marmot.

I notice you have a BBE maximizer too. Don't you love that thang? I literally cant play wihtout it anymore!!!!

I just find that when its on I always end up boosting 88hz in the eq for more proyection range. :P

"Word to your mother"

Originally posted by Scootdog:

Originally posted by Bumpcity:

[QB]...Did you ever work out that gain problem you were having?...QB]

I'm embarrassed to say yeah. Somehow my sweepable mid knob on the Ibanez got turned to maximum cut on the low mids. When I fixed this it was screaming in the red. Yes, I'm retarded. :freak:
you are SO retarded...... :D:D:D:D:D

Dude, good to hear you got it worked out. Sometimes, the biggest problems are solved by very simple things.

Archived