Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Bass Art

FreddieB

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

a good dye and a clear coat looks best IMHO. depends on the wood, hardware etc. Check stewart mcdonald for guitar painting supplies.

DX

Aerodyne Jazz Deluxe

Pod X3 Live

Roland Bolt-60 (modified)

Genz Benz GBE250-C 2x10

Acoustic 2x12 cab

Hmmm, car paint, sounds good, bass looks awesome by the way. Car paint does sound like a cool thing to use, i was thinking today that i might go w/ just regular paint and mix in some glitter to get that cool sparkly look to it.

My little bit of advice --- I've refinished a few bass bodies, for your major color coat use a good quality paint, I had a local auto paint supply place match up a Fender lake "Placid blue metallic" and they even put it in a spray can for me - it was around $20, make sure you use sanding sealer and a good primer before & many coats of laquer after the color with very fine sanding between coats , I also did a color tinted oil finish yr's ago this came out good if you like that kinda thing. My latest was a Natural finish

but I also stained the body with a custom mixed honey amber stain, and then used a wipe on poly gloss - it came out Great! - take your time and pay attention to detail & GOOD LUCK !

I'm Todbass62 on MySpace

Archived