Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Best Electric Bass Player...

Ayatollah Watts

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hasn't this been beaten to death yet !?!?

Welcome to the forums. Can we get a real topic around here?

:D

RobT

Famous Musical Quotes: "I would rather play Chiquita Banana and have my swimming pool than play Bach and starve" - Xavier Cugat

the best for what?

Good looks? that knocks out Flea

Studio work? Graham never did any.

Jazz? bye,bye, Bootsy

Rock? just hammer on that open A, Louis, willya?

Playing a Broadway show?

subbing for me at a society wedding? forget it, Jaco

playing in a praise band?

Reading?

Writing?

'Rithmatic? hey, I flunked calculus.

Why don't you put in Bill Laswell? He's played with the biggest variety of artists of anyone I've ever seen.

some of Laswell\'s credits

What the hell kind of list is that?? :confused: If you're gonna beat a dead horse at least post up a decent list of bassists (although all on your list are very good)!! :bor::bor:

And further more, when the hell was the last time Terry Lewis actually played bass??? :confused:

www.myspace.com/thefunkfather

Yeah, dude, I'm kind of exhausted with all these "who is the best?" threads and such, weve had A LOT lately, and for once and all:

I'M THE BEST but I could be better

seriously, why do we have to idolize someone??? Jest make yerself better!!

Besides, the guy at Guitar Center said I had chops, so...............

Who's the best president:

• Richard Nixon
  • Andrew Jackson
  • John Quincy Adams
  • The guy that fought the Civil War
  • George Bush
    Choose one. :):D;)

Jeremy makes a great point....musicians are great if they fill the niche they are in. If they fail to fill that niche, they are less than great.

If Jaco were to sub for me in the praise band, he'd get fired for a lack of humility. If I were to sub for him in Weather Report, I'd get fired for lack of, uhhh, about everything.

Talk of greatness tends to minimilize others contribution. I just watched portions of the NBA All Star game...and Michael Jordan is (as I like to say) "Greatness." That leave room for Shaq, who is also "greatness" and even young Steve Nash, who is showing signs of "greatness"

"Let's raise the level of this conversation" -- Jeremy Cohen, in the Picasso Thread.

Still spendin' that political capital far faster than I can earn it...stretched way out on a limb here and looking for a better interest rate.

*Sarcasm Mode On*

Calm down ladies, this is my first time on this board, I didn't know this thread was previously done

*Sarcasm mode off*

Seriously, thats why I'm here, I'm new to the bass (playing and listening to different styles) So I could only post the people who I grew up listening to, hopefully I'll be able to gain something from y'alls *sarcasm on* infinate knowledge *sarcasm off*

Pain teaches what pride won't let you learn...

Welcome here.

Yeah...you got a vicious baptism first time in. That's okay...just shows we like you and want you to stay. All of us have been there.

We have a nice search feature...and it's good to use. However, we visit new topics and answer as we want to.

"Let's raise the level of this conversation" -- Jeremy Cohen, in the Picasso Thread.

Still spendin' that political capital far faster than I can earn it...stretched way out on a limb here and looking for a better interest rate.

Archived