Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Just Got My DiPinto Belvedere Standard Bass

actrade

Does anyone else have one of these babies? I was absolutely shocked at how good it sounds and the price I got ($389) for one cool looking retro bass. The tone is great with the semi-hollow body adding punch and resonance. In fact, the semi hollow body allows me to practice without an amp (wife likes that) and hear well enough to know rather quickly when I miss a note (surely not!) There is a nice review in BassPlayer mag this month about it. If you are looking for something different at a very affordable price, I'd highly recommend it. I had to look awfully hard to find the gold colored one that was in the review, but I'd email you the place I bought it if interested as I don't want to spam the board with an ad for a music shop. The black colored standard bass you can find on ebay or at other online shops relatively easy.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congratulations on your new bass.

I read the review and it looks great.

You cant beat the price.

I have a few questions for you.

What type of strings do you have on it?

I would think the flats sound great on it.

Have you done any recording with it yet?

The review mentioned the problem with the E string fitting properly - whats your take on that?

Where did you buy it from??

Is it balanced when standing?

Any other info would be cool....

Thanks

Thanks for the info......

www.danielprine.com

Originally posted by 57pbass:

Congratulations on your new bass.

I read the review and it looks great.

You cant beat the price.

I have a few questions for you.

What type of strings do you have on it?

Round wounds, but I may give some flats a try.

I would think the flats sound great on it.

Have you done any recording with it yet?

Not yet, but I can tell you that if you are into vintage Cream, Hendrix and some of the other late 60's/early 70's rock bands, it really replicates that era. The easy groove to Led Zeppelin's "Whole Lotta Love" is identical on this bass. Hendrix's "All Along the Watchtower" is equally impressive just to name a few.

The review mentioned the problem with the E string fitting properly - whats your take on that?

I did not have that problem so they must have fixed it.

Where did you buy it from??

spotlightmusicstore.com

Is it balanced when standing?

yes.

Any other info would be cool....

This bass is an instant attention grabber...people come up out of the blue and ask what kind of bass it is and where I got it. You'll really notice the amount of natural reverb and fullness of tone that you get due to the semi-hollow body. As the review says, about the only thing you wouldn't want to do is slap as the pickguard is quite thick. I guess I would say that it does a nice job of bringing back some of the edgyness (sp?) of the aforementioned era. I play in a band that does a lot of classic rock covers and this baby fits in nicely, both visually and sonically.

Thanks

Thanks for the info......

Archived