Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Taylor ABG...rip

jeremy c

At NAMM we went to the Taylor booth to try out a Taylor ABG. We were told that the instrument is no longer in production. A new model is being designed but will not be ready for at least a year.

Meanwhile, they have kept all the molds and tooling and still will build you one but only for a special order.

Better snap up a few now...they are sure to become collector's items.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sadly, I've known about this for months and haven't been able to share.

These things are amazing, I'd buy one if I had the bread. When the mighty Keneally/Beller Taylor acoustic clinic came to Seattle, I was "forced" to play Beller's bass. It's quite simply the best sounding and best playing acoustic bass I've ever seen/heard/played.

Knowing Taylor though... they'll improve on it and the next generation will be even cooler.

Originally posted by Chest Rockwell:

Acoustic bass guitars are total crap. They should be called acoustic-electic bass guitars because they definitely will not cut it as an acoustic instrument. They're just not loud enough without some sort of amplification.

You obviously have not played a Taylor then. ;) This was my opinion on acoustic basses until I played Beller's AB-4. It has plenty of volume un-amplified and it sounds great; even with the E tuned down to B!

I don't think anyone buys a $2700 Taylor so they can bring it to the beach.

I wouldn't either. :freak: But, if I wanted to sit in a park or on a hillside and jam I wouldn't want to be drowned out by a loud acoustic guitar.

I know that Taylor touted the idea that their design would be louder than the others and perhaps it is. But loud enough? I don't believe.

Archived