Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Help

Bartolini

I have following problems.

When I requested a low action for my MM bass,

they set it up low now some frets buzz when play softly with my fingers. When slap, its like there is no punch since the bottom end-is not enough even if I turn the bass knob full down. Things are too metalic sounding. Is this the nature of MM? What is this 'MM's brilliant low growling tone people talk about? To make things worse, my shitty Hartke 3500 amp head does nothing to get me the right tone. The stupid EQ. is useless.

When I use my thumb to play up / down strokes, the finger just slips without much strike weight on this MM bass. When I play my other bass(not MM), the strokes are much punchy and heard. Is this due to low action on my MM? My speaker cab is Trace Elliot 4x10.

Thank you in advance.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You might also try changing strings... I know I just put a new set on and my tone is pretty metalicay... I'll give it another week or two and then i'll change if the strings don't settle down...

Is this the nature of MM? What is this 'MM's brilliant low growling tone people talk about? To make things worse, my shitty Hartke 3500 amp head does nothing to get me the right tone.
No...not the nature of MM at all.

When I use my thumb to play up / down strokes, the finger just slips without much strike weight on this MM bass
Not exactly sure what you mean here (without seeing you play 1st hand...) But it sounds like a technique issue. Have someone check it out.

Most MM's (and I've played a few) are extremely punchy and do exhibit the low and mid growl without much coercion.

I'd have your bass checked for correct setup 1st b4 giving up on MM.

Good Luck

PJR

Archived