Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

It's been a while....

ibescotty

Not that I posted all that much before but I've been away from the board for a while. I was checking in from time to time though.

Well I'm in a new musical situation that has my interest in Bass and music high again so I should be hanging around more often. I missed my music during the transition period. Being between bands can really get you down. Good excuse to woodshed though.

Peace!!! :cool:

Double Posting since March 2002

Random Post Generator #26797

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by the people of Earth:

So what is "the new situation"...share, already!

Well if you must ask..... ;)

I'm in a band called Musical Illusion or MI. They have a CD coming out. I only got to sing some back up vocals on the CD itself as I joined the project late but what an experience!!! I've never been in a profesional studio like that and I really enjoyed myself. I don't see the CD going anywhere commercially as it's a little to home grown and not exactly mainstream but it's all fun to play. Even though the guitar player wrote all the bass lines he told me to play what ever I want with the songs. He likes my bass playing better. The drummer I'm playing with is probably one of the best I've ever played with. He's very dynamic and gives me plenty of pocket to play in. While my last drummer was a little more reliable as far as me knowing exactly what he was going to do the excitement of a dynamic player is a lot more fun. I am currently working on the set lists with the rest of the band and we should be hitting the local scene in late February. I can't wait to get out there and play live again!!!!

I can taste it!!!

Double Posting since March 2002

Random Post Generator #26797

MI sounds like fun. And don't be surprised if you connect with the drummer over time. You are a bass player !! If you don't work out shared communication, you'll learn to key off of him.

Tom

www.stoneflyrocks.com

Acoustic Color

Be practical as well as generous in your ideals. Keep your eyes on the stars and keep your feet on the ground. - Theodore Roosevelt

Archived