Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Amp to jam with....

voiceburg

any of you have a bass amp you can run your CD into and slam on a set of headphones and jam along with, I'm trying not to disturb the household to much? I want to get an amp next week and the only brand I found that will do that is Behringer. Any other ideas out there?

Thanks

PEACE!

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ampeg has some combos that do this (maybe the BA112, BA115, etc.?). The SWR LA series might also have a CD line-in jack. Try some other manufacturers' websites, I really think that several have practice combo amps with this capability.

spreadluv

Fanboy? Why, yes! Nordstrand Pickups and Guitars.

Messiaen knew how to parlay the funk.

Sure. The Gallien Krueger MBE 150E has a dedicated circuit for just this purpose. It's a great amp...I use mine all the time...a lot of GK power in a tiny package...about 24 lbs.

Of course, the $900 price tag is a chore..but get one used.

If you want to spend less...the Korg Pandora's Box for bass does this. The PX4B is over $200...but has built in rhythms, phrase trainer that will record a phrase, slow it down to learn it. It also lets you run a cd through and cancel the cd bass...so you can supply your own.

If you look around, you may find the older version, the px3b on closeout. I does about the same thing, has a few less drums, not as many knobs.

In addition, the pandora also chains 7 effect boxes together, allowing you to alter the parameters and run them simultaneously...chorus, delay, envelop filter, noise reduction, phasing...reverb, distortion, octaving and stuff like that. It's a blast to play with...I run the batteries down nearly every session.

"Let's raise the level of this conversation" -- Jeremy Cohen, in the Picasso Thread.

Still spendin' that political capital far faster than I can earn it...stretched way out on a limb here and looking for a better interest rate.

I use a Korg Pandora PX-3 with my guitar... it is awesome. Definitely worth the money. I plan to pick up the PX-4B as soon as I can... (priorities, you know)

If you already have a good amp, I'd recommend the PX-4B or -3B, and then when you want to play without the headphones, you have a multitude of effects, drums, and you can still run your CD player through it for a 1 man jam session!

DX

Aerodyne Jazz Deluxe

Pod X3 Live

Roland Bolt-60 (modified)

Genz Benz GBE250-C 2x10

Acoustic 2x12 cab

Archived