Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Do you have Bass pride?

JDL

Originally posted by danymal_x:

http://webpages.charter.net/proffett/images/mybass.jpg

...I like a nicely figured top (but then don't we all.)

Sweet Jesus, what kind of bass is that? That's beautiful, man. And yes, I like a nicely figured top too.

JDL, that sounds cool. If you ever get bored, you can always ship it to me and I'll spice it up quite a bit. Natural, black pickguard, chrome pup cover, etc., etc., etc...oh yeah, and fretless too.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by patrick_dont_fret:

Sweet Jesus, what kind of bass is that? That's beautiful, man. And yes, I like a nicely figured top too.

Much as I'd like to say it's a handmade custom that cost me my firstborn and my wife, it's actually a (ahem) Raven... and yes it is a beautiful bass, and it plays and sounds as good as it looks. Better, I think. I've had a Hamer, a Gretsch (Beatles bass,) a Washburn and both a Fender P and J, and the only one that comes close to this is the Jazz.

Ravens are made in Korea- they won't say which factory, but if you look close you can see similarities to certain Ibanez models...

DX

Aerodyne Jazz Deluxe

Pod X3 Live

Roland Bolt-60 (modified)

Genz Benz GBE250-C 2x10

Acoustic 2x12 cab

I'm proud to be a bassist because I know my position is important.

If a guitarist or keyboardist makes a mistake while playing in an ensemble, the audience won't even know...you can make any make sound "intentional" on those instruments depending on how you recover from it.

But bassists must never make mistakes. Ever.

Anytime the bassist makes a mistake, it sounds like something's wrong because the audience's whole tonal frame of reference is screwed up, because the quality of the chord is irrevocably changed.

With this responsibility comes great power, though. Say your guitarist plays CMaj chord. You can turn that chord into an AbMaj7(#5) just by playing a low Ab instead of a C (the Scott Thunes effect, baby). How cool is that?

:D

Originally posted by patrick_dont_fret:

Wow, that's still cool, man. So how much did it cost you, then? Out with it...and where did you happen upon this beauty?

Give or take $400.00 all told... found it on eBay.

But here's their web page

Aerodyne Jazz Deluxe

Pod X3 Live

Genz Benz GBE250-C 2x10

Acoustic 2x12 cab

Originally posted by BenLoy:

With this responsibility comes great power, though. Say your guitarist plays CMaj chord. You can turn that chord into an AbMaj7(#5) just by playing a low Ab instead of a C (the Scott Thunes effect, baby). How cool is that?

I simply adore the Scott Thunes effect.

Originally posted by Bumpcity:

Originally posted by BenLoy:

I simply adore the Scott Thunes effect.
:thu:

It's kinda like bein' Letterman -- not David Letterman, but the superhero who can leap a capital T in a single bound...

spreadluv

Fanboy? Why, yes! Nordstrand Pickups and Guitars.

Messiaen knew how to parlay the funk.

posted by Slaerty

"But remember when we see these Drop Tune Jonnys with their long hair and Metalica tshirts"

You got it all wrong man, they wear KORN shirts :P

hey whats wrong with long hair (coming from Weird Al's folical twin) :D

Originally posted by JDL:

Yeah, man, thats aweosme. Especially for that price range. How does it play?

JDL,

peace

It plays great. I've played some better basses, but not anything that was under a grand... I'm more tha happy with it. Neck-wise its not much wider than a 4 string Jazz, and it has a great feel to it. PLays better than a 5 string Jazz, I think, and that was my fav until this... Sounds real good too.

DX

Aerodyne Jazz Deluxe

Pod X3 Live

Genz Benz GBE250-C 2x10

Acoustic 2x12 cab

Archived