Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Holiday Gigs

JDL

So, do you have any special gigs or places that you are playing at for the holidays?

Personally, I'm playing more at nursing homes and cheering their day up. Also, other places like hospitals. Or, do you stop gigging around the holidays to be with family, etc.?

JDLoftheWhos- Bad, Grinch, Bad!

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All Christmas Sets in December:

~ Borders Book Store

~ The Neutral Ground Coffee Shop

~ Nouveau Marc Retirement Apartment Complex (my grandparents live there)

~ An Elementary School (sing along with 300 kids!)

~ O'Flaherty's Irish Channel Pub (in the French Quarter!)

This is the most gigs we've ever played in one month, but it makes it worthwhile to have learned all of the Christmas songs.

And in February, during Mardi Gras, we get to play on a float in a Mardi Gras parade! We are very excited about this! :thu:

... Connie Z

"Change comes from within." - Jeremy Cohen

The definition of LUCK: When Preparation meets Opportunity!

http://www.cybergumbo.com

None this year, which is actually nice for a change. One of our guitarists had surgery, so we're not playing again until mid January.

This has been nice not playing for awhile. I've been enjoying playing customer lately hearing some other groups around the area.

Bassplayers aren't paid to play fast, they're paid to listen fast.

New Years Eve Private Party at the home of a Kansas State sorority chick and her friends. No time for family w/ gigs like that.

Originally posted by Bumpcity:

Originally posted by Dr. Elizabeth Strange:

I'm playing new year's eve AND christmas. :( The family is rather upset with me.

Your avatar is disturbing.
very
Ah, nice marmot.

Well, I actually have to miss two gigs on the 22nd and the 23rd because of family. So.......

Originally posted by Scootdog:

New Years Eve Private Party at the home of a Kansas State sorority chick and her friends. No time for family w/ gigs like that.

Originally posted by Bumpcity:

Originally posted by Dr. Elizabeth Strange:

I'm playing new year's eve AND christmas. :( The family is rather upset with me.

Your avatar is disturbing.
very
very much so

With the Lady Bo group we had a number of gigs in December where we played a lot of Christmas music. One was a two-hour gig of almost all Christmas tunes. She picked out some real hip stuff that included jazz, r&b and blues arrangements. It's fun when you have a great vocalist doing songs like Eartha Kitt's Santa Baby and some of Ella's songs as well. We played one gig at the Veteran's hospital in Livermore and another for the inmates at Santa Rita jail. Played a few corporate parties as well with the wedding/corporate party band that I play with and slipped in a few Christmas songs as well. I'll be doing a gig Saturday night with that band.

Wally

I have basses to play, places to be and good music to make!

• 1 year later...

Archived