Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Are Yamaha good

dohhhhh6

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm also searching for a new bass...It might help you that in my quest I've heard nothing but good word for Yamaha's...good bang for the buck. I was looking at a BBG5S but it's a wee bit too expensive for me, so I'm getting an Ibanez soundgear 5 string, which I love so far :thu:

"If you're flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit. Unless you are a table."

-Mitch Hedberg

sorry man I know but well as I said I accidentally posted twice so I decided to post a somewhat meaningful topic sorry man. Oh now I'm thinking about getting me a mex jazz by fender but noone has answered my frets question yet :(
In Skynyrd We Trust

Thx man so the 22 is good idea? Well who cares I get whatever my Fender mex Jazz or possibly P bass has. I just hope my parents will spend 500 or so for my Christmass gift ;) I might be able to push for it since it is a musical instrument not a video game or something liek it. But then again my bro's christmas gift is gonna be a dell pc which dad probably spent about 600 on. oh who cares my B-days in march so I can get a BETTER AMP ;)
In Skynyrd We Trust

don't go by my saying a 22 is good...it is, but so is 20 or 24....If you like what you're getting, then thumbs up to that, no matter how many frets it is.

Hey Patrick...correct me if I'm wrong!

Lady, take what I say witha grain of salt...I've only been playing a couple months, so I'm not much far ahead of you!

"If you're flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit. Unless you are a table."

-Mitch Hedberg

I've said it many times: I think the Yamaha BBG4S is surely the best deal in its class. Real wood (alder body, maple neck), 24 frets, active, humbuckers...hard to beat for the money, & a darned nice bass.

And of course now's an especially good time for me to repeat myself, since I have that very bass for sale at a reasonable price on eBay right now... :D

Hahaha grain of salt damn iof only you were in my L.A. class... Well soundcraft you take lessons? Yeah guess we aint to far from eachother exp wise. Yeah I might end up taking a month of bass then playing a month of electric guitar with my teacher but of course that's after I take bass for a couple months. It's nice since I just finished Purple Haze on guitar today and today I learned pinch harmonics it's pretty cool stuff. I hope I get the Mex Fender Jazz or I might go for the Mex P-bass.

CHEERS

In Skynyrd We Trust

Archived