Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Star Trek-bass playing

surfmonkey

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by davebrownbass:

Now if we could only get the editing guys to match your notes to the track. For the final scene, the music cadences to a tonic, and you are playing something like f natural to e.

Oh Dave, you weren't supposed to notice that ! Now I must kill you... :P

Yeah, it's never going to be perfect unless there's a play back going, or the arrangement has been worked out ahead of time. Neither of which ever happen in the real world.

I have no homepage.

Originally posted by surfmonkey:

[]Oh Dave, you weren't supposed to notice that ! Now I must kill you... :P

Yeah, it's never going to be perfect unless there's a play back going, or the arrangement has been worked out ahead of time. Neither of which ever happen in the real world.

Hey guy, I'm just happy as a clam that a real bass player, one that knows how to hold the damn thing has the gig...my pet peeve are the pretenders...actors who play a musicians role.

I'm sorry, but it just spoils a movie for me. So in this case, it's pretty good...and I really didn't notice the synch problem until that very last shot. I promise to only say good things about you to my friends!!!!

As far as looking silly in pictures, I just did a series of photos for a show about Sam Houston I'm playing in. So, before the Superbowl I was standing around in a public park dressed in Civil War regalia with a sword and a flintlock rifle, standing next to a guy dressed in buckskin and another guy in a full kilt carrying a full claymore sword (you know, the 12th century equivalent of the 50 mm machine gun)

"Let's raise the level of this conversation" -- Jeremy Cohen, in the Picasso Thread.

Still spendin' that political capital far faster than I can earn it...stretched way out on a limb here and looking for a better interest rate.

Archived