Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Warwick finish

BNC

I've had a Corvette with a bubinga body (natural, no stains or poly) for a few months now. I give it a weekly rub-down with the bee's wax. I was wondering how long/if ever the wax builds up enough to give a more protective finish. I assumed it would build up like when waxing a hardwood floor, eventually becoming thick enough that it is less neccessary to polish as often. Can any more experienced Warwick owners help me out?

thanks,

BNC

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't think so. I my experience, it just gets dirty. Of course, mine is not bubinga, but flamed maple. It's pretty soft, and scars.

I remember reading early on that one of the benefits of the Warwick natural finish was that you could sand it off and start over from time to time.

"Let's raise the level of this conversation" -- Jeremy Cohen, in the Picasso Thread.

Still spendin' that political capital far faster than I can earn it...stretched way out on a limb here and looking for a better interest rate.

Interesting....

Mine is not getting dirty (no time to play :( ). I do the wax weekly, and it takes care of dust and my fingerprints, adn basically returns the wood to the day I bought it (nothing to complain about there), I just thought it should be building a thicker coat by now (if it is actually suppose to do that). :confused:

My Warwick's pretty elderly (turns 16 next year)and I don't wax it anywhere near as often as I used to - in fact it must be at least a year since it's been done. Maybe as they age they become more stable and ingrained with wax. Or maybe their owners just become bad people...

Alex

Archived