Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Something you can do for the forums

Tom Capasso

As UEM (the parent company) changed servers and sites and admins, some of you were concerned about whether the forums would remain. Some people even volunteered money to keep the site up.

Running this site does cost, and one idea that has come about is to run an on-line store.

The first items they are selling are the bass or guitar calendars for 2003. Craig has characterized this as similar to "those PBS deals where you send 'em some bucks, they stay on the air, and you get a goodie in appreciation".

The calendars are about $18 including shipping, and you can order them from http://store.yahoo.com/musicplayergroup

Later on they may offer coffee mugs, etc. The moderators don't get anything from this, but sales will help keep the servers humming just that much longer.

thanks

Tom

www.stoneflyrocks.com

Acoustic Color

Be practical as well as generous in your ideals. Keep your eyes on the stars and keep your feet on the ground. - Theodore Roosevelt

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great idea! Help the forum AND get a cracking calender.....ohh, there's a problem! It's only available to the U.S and Canada :mad:

Why does half the world forget about Ireland? :(

Is it possible to get the calender or a mug (when they come out) from this side of the www?

CupMcMali...this monkey's gone to heaven :freak:

I agree, Cupmcmali!

It's as annoying as those Bass Player magazine competitions that we can't enter. It's hard enough to find the magazine in shops here, I haven't found that James Jamerson issue yet and I'm raging! http://www.musicgearnetwork.com/ubb/icons/icon8.gif

Why does half the world forget about Ireland?
I know why half the world forgets about Guatemala. Hell I didn't even know where the fuck on the globe it was until I moved here. You need magnifying glass to find it.

How can us foreigners help the forum? This is one of the more entertaining things I've found on the net. I'll do anything (except listen to Backstreet Boys' music) I can to help keep this kick-ass forum going.

Does it hurt?

Only when I'm awake.

Originally posted by Cupmcmali:

Why does half the world forget about Ireland? :(

I don't know. I spent about 10 days in Ireland about 12 years ago, almost all, however, in and around Dublin. I was touring with my university rugby team, and I'm proud of the try I scored on Irish soil vs. one of the UCD sides (as well as the number of wonderful pints of Guinness I consumed)! We stayed in a youth hostel on Dame St., across the road from a kickin' fish'n'chips shop, with Trinity College down the road. It was a great time, and the teams we played against were terrific hosts. I left Ireland both a better rugby player and a more worldly soul.

Cheers -- 'cause I for one will never forget Ireland!

spreadluv

Fanboy? Why, yes! Nordstrand Pickups and Guitars.

Messiaen knew how to parlay the funk.

Originally posted by Sweet Willie:

Cheers -- 'cause I for one will never forget Ireland!

Ah cool! Sweet Willie, that's great that you can remember Dublin so accurately twelve years later! Yup, it's a great city indeed... let me know if you're ever back there and I'll get you another pint!

Good story! Slainte! :thu:

Yeah Alan. I totally agree with you. Bassplayer magazine is quite hard to track down, the biggest retailer in my town seemingly only stocks it whenever it feels like it. To secure a copy I've to travel into Belfast which is 10 miles away (our U.S members will laugh "10 miles?? geeez I travel 80 miles to the nearest phone booth!) But as I've no car this can be quite a track.

Sweet Willie, were you ever in the North? We receive bad press, but it really is a beautiful place!

NC-17 - You could try calling one of the contact numbers on the main page, but you probably need a card.

For those of you that don't travel over to the SSS forum, Craig has posted that the "sudden" increase in sales has been positively received.

Tom

www.stoneflyrocks.com

Acoustic Color

Be practical as well as generous in your ideals. Keep your eyes on the stars and keep your feet on the ground. - Theodore Roosevelt

CupMcMali, I feel your pain!

I asked in Eason's newsagents here and they said they're expecting the next issue of Bass Player on the 12th of this month, so it might be in Belfast around the same time.

I haven't been to the North in years, 'cos it's far away and I never really get further north than Dublin. I must arrange a weekend up there soon.

Cup: I never made it up north. Our fixtures were scheduled only with clubs in and around Dublin.

Alan: If/when I make it back, I'll take you up on that pint.

Hopefully sometime I'll be able to return to Ireland for a couple of weeks and really see more of the isle than just Dublin! I really had a great time when I was there years ago. I've also been to Wales and England (also on a rugby tour), and I really dug Cardiff. We took in a Wales-Scotland Five Nations match at Cardiff Arms Park that Wales won, and the streets and pubs were full of celebrants. That was pretty cool. Since I have yet to make it to Scotland, maybe an Ireland/Scotland vacation is in my future!

Tom: Glad to hear that the sales seem to have increased and are making an impression. Thanks for the update.

spreadluv

Fanboy? Why, yes! Nordstrand Pickups and Guitars.

Messiaen knew how to parlay the funk.

Archived