Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

I've got blisters on my fingers!

Scoot

Actually it's only one blister, and I drained it. It popped up after playing a fast riff w/ lots of pulloffs from the 1st fret for only about 5 min (I haven't been playing much for the last month) :(

Anyways, any advice on getting back on track ASAP? I've never had an "injury" like this, but common sense tells me to lay off until it's not as painful and then take it easy. Lemme know if I'm wrong please! I'm back in a band again and don't want this to slow me down.

Ah, nice marmot.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That used to happen to me, and it's a good thing! The blister will turn into a callous...

I just sucked it up and played through the pain, but then I was usually at a gig when it really got painful... As for what you should do, I don't know.

Sorry to be of absolutely no help.

"Bass isn't just for breakfast anymore..."

http://www.mp3.com/Addix_Metzatricity

If possible, it's always best to let it rest for a day or so. Don't peel the skin off, it can get infected and make things really bad. When the pain sibsides, play like usual. If you feel the tingle, stop. If it's not possible, put on some super glue or 2nd Skin. Let them puppies build up and soon you'll have them so thick the doctor can't even draw blood from them. That happened to me friday. She used the lancet thingy and it got stuck in my finger. She had to yank it out and then, no blood. She had to use my pinky to finally draw blood. Ahh...the wonders of playing bass...

Scootdog, in the past month or so there have been two extensive topics about this. So it should be easy to touch with local search. Callus and callous {;} keywords. Go back further and probably you can even read superglue debates ; }

Superglue was originally developed for paramedics to deal with skin splits. Superglue gel works even better in my experience, because on the plucking hand its texture seems to grab the strings more like skin, with less slippage. Either one builds up in layers well if you need something pretty thick and hard.

Or maybe you could call me Dudeorama if youre into the whole brevity thing...

--- deleted as predicted ---

im sorry im sure this post deserves to be deleted but if any of you havent seen the big lebowski then its well worth the trip to blockbuster to check it out.

theres alot of credence in it so maybe it's worth checking out just for that

:thu:

Double what we got o mr. roboto

Double

Double

Archived