Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

They sure are purty...

Jason Hoyt

Yesterday I decided to give my 5 year old Ampeg cabinets a "facial", so I went to the fabric store and bought some material... Suffice to say, after a couple of ill-fated run-ins with a screwdriver (removing staples), and a brief forray into the wonderfull world of staple-guns, I am now the proud pappa of a custom ;) set of cabinets. Thats right, no more boring black screens for me. I have now oficially upgraded to "Urban Camoflauge"... It was pretty easy to do really, and it made me wonder why I've been living with dull screen designs for this long ;) ... As soon as I can get my hands on a digital camera, I'll post a picture. Next on my list of things-to-do, will be to get some gray roll-on bedliner, and give the outside of my cabs a shot of colour! :thu:

"Suppose you were an idiot ... And suppose you were a member of Congress

... But I repeat myself."

-Mark Twain

http://artists.mp3s.com/artists/63/condition_1.html (my old band)

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

J. (mind if I call ya "J," Jason? I didn't think so.)

I love doing shit like this. For example, I hate logos. I've mentioned that here before, I think. I took the Mesa/Boogie logos off of my bass cabs. Why not? They're not paying me to play 'em, and I'm not gonna advertise for them unless they pay me to do it. Instead, I added some chrome "mudflap" girls to the cabs on opposing angles on both the top and bottom cabs. The rig looks bad-ass -- and no corporate logos to get in the way of the rock. I did the same thing with my SWR head -- covered the logo with a circular sticker of a clenched fist. Much better.

Similarly, I took the "Horizon" logo off of my guitar cab and hacked it up. My 4x12 cab is now a "HO." I also removed the Marshall logo from my my Marshall head. Now it's just black. Sweet.

To me, plain, stock-looking gear is kinda boring. Customization is the way to go.

Rock on with your camoflage self, J.

\m/

Erik

"To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists of breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting."

--Sun Tzu

When I had my Peavey refrigerator cabinet, I took the Peavey logo off because the thing looke good with a plain black front, and I like the solid look. I was playing in a southern rock band for a while, so I put a Texas flag behind the grill and it looked sweet. After each show (3), I had so many people tell me how cool the flag was.

Great idea !! I wouldn't have dreamt that one up in an age. Camo gives a real punky edge (in my imagination any way) My last amp (peavy 100 watt cab) was covered in light blue paint specks after a terrible home improvement idea. It wouldn't come off so I just went ape with the paint, chucking it from a distance.....loads off people told me how crap it looked....a couple told me how cool it looked. Just shows the majority rarely get it right ;):D

Get the pics up as soon as possible !

CupMcMali...this monkey's gone to heaven :freak:

Archived