Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Opinions:V Bass vs. Bass POD Pro

Threshold

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Depends on the work really... the Pod is great for home (computer) recording and studio stuff, and it has alot of recording-friendly features, with a decent DI and mic simulators... I don't know as much about the V-bass, but I'm pretty sure it is mostly designed for live applications... Although it is wicked cool... :thu:

"Suppose you were an idiot ... And suppose you were a member of Congress

... But I repeat myself."

-Mark Twain

http://artists.mp3s.com/artists/63/condition_1.html (my old band)

I have a demo tape of the V Bass system. I picked it up @ The Philly Guitar Show.

It really depends on what your looking to do.

The V Bass does not have the same amount of amp models as the POD but has many more features...

Send me your mailing address and I'll send to you free.

www.danielprine.com

These are 2 really different animals so I acn't see a fair comparison. I own a V-Bass and the upright sounds are worth the $1000.00 alone. I've only just begun to tap into everything it does. The POD is an amp modeling unit only so I'd try comparing it to something similar if ther is such a piece of equipment. Also, there's a $400.00 price difference.

I've never used the V-Bass, but I have the Pod and use the hell out of it. I question the usefullness of all the bells and whistles the V-Bass has in the studio. I don't do professional recording, I haven't found a studio which is that desperate for a bassist :) , but even in my own amature attempts I've learned that recording bass tracks with effects on them is a bad idea. Effects are best added after the track is down. That effect that sounded so cool at the time you recorded it more often than not proves to be problematic once you start laying other tracks down. If your bass track has been recorded with effects and it turns out later that it doesn't sit well in the mix, you're stuck. You either have to live with it or rerecord the bass.

Even with the Pod I use the bare minimum. I determine the amp/cab modeling I want for the song and then record it dry and get a good solid bass track. I prefer to do compression, effects and EQ in the mix.

So under those conditions, of what value would a V-Bass be? If I actually had one maybe I'd find 101 uses for it, who knows, but I kinda doubt it.

I've never used the V-Bass, but I have the Pod and use the hell out of it. I question the usefullness of all the bells and whistles the V-Bass has in the studio.
I bet you do question the V-bass considering you've never used it.

This is really a lame duck topic becasue its an apples to oranges comparison in a major. This topic should be closed.

Thinking the V-Bass is mainly a bass effects device with a little modeling is erroneous. Using SEARCH or reading some reviews and descriptions of the V Bass would help. As with so many other ungrounded "discussions" that are had daily, it would behoove the participants to actually have experience or do some research.

...or last months product revue in bassplaya magazine... ;) ...now I'm done participating :D

"Suppose you were an idiot ... And suppose you were a member of Congress

... But I repeat myself."

-Mark Twain

http://artists.mp3s.com/artists/63/condition_1.html (my old band)

Archived