Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Picture of your bass(es)

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by BloodAndBass:

Jason, how do you like that Thunderbird?

Well, the finish is shite (sloppy,rough spots, missed edges near fretboard, etc.) but the thing SOUNDS fantastic!!! :freak: It has an amazing amount of tonal options just with the hand positioning, and the passive p'ups are almost MORE responsive than my active p'ups on other basses. :D I don't miss the volume knob or blend either... Not to mention, it just looks cool... It has actually made me think about checking out a Gibson Les Paul Bass... I'm curious as to how they sound...

"Suppose you were an idiot ... And suppose you were a member of Congress

... But I repeat myself."

-Mark Twain

http://artists.mp3s.com/artists/63/condition_1.html (my old band)

I'm loving this thread, but the quoting of other pictures is making this one big drain on the slow-connected among us. I have edited the secondary pictures out, and inserted the appropriate references so that the thread can be followed.

Normally the random quoted picture is fine, it's just that this is such a heavy picture thread that I feel some "special handling" is required...

Thanks for your understanding (and to gb for suggesting it).

Tom

www.stoneflyrocks.com

Acoustic Color

Be practical as well as generous in your ideals. Keep your eyes on the stars and keep your feet on the ground. - Theodore Roosevelt

Not at all !!!! quote away - it's cool (though I usually end up shortening the quote for my specific point).

This thread has great photos - we'll just make it easier on some to only show them once.

Tom

www.stoneflyrocks.com

Acoustic Color

Be practical as well as generous in your ideals. Keep your eyes on the stars and keep your feet on the ground. - Theodore Roosevelt

I'd post a pic of my bass, but I think everyone's probably seen black Fender P-basses with white pickguards in the past. Mine's totally stock, except for a few dings here and there. Not exciting, but it does the job.

\m/

Erik

"To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists of breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting."

--Sun Tzu

Archived