Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

not really bass related???

sigudo

I heard i copy of Stan Kenton orchestra rippen A night in tunisia... It was really sweet... i just wanted to find a copy to play for a band mate to show him a feel type thing... any idea where i could find it???

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Amazon.com is often the place to look if something is out of print because they often have used copies linked there too.

Stan Kenton: saw him a million years ago when he was in an especially inspired period. Great concert! The only more modern big band concert I enjoyed as much was Woody Herman when he was doing GIANT STEPS and stuff of that caliber with lots of young turks that had the luck of being able to work with good arrangements and direction and still get to scream like Maynard Fergeson ; }

Taste counts for a lot.

Kind of an aside here, but besides hearing a couple of great renditions of NIGHT IN TUNISIA, I've got this Oscar Peterson Trio BURSTING OUT WITH THE ALL-STAR BIG BAND, from 1962, with a sizzling version of MANTECA! Ray Brown is all over it and plenty loud too! Actually everybody there is all over it - including arranger Ernie Wilkins. Probably the coolest Oscar Peterson setting I've ever heard...

Archived