Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

ebay packing

mro

Hi everyone. I have a question about the best way to pack and ship a bass from selling on ebay. With a hardshell case,does one still place it in a cardboard box? What about bubblewrapping the bass inside the case. Is this the best method? Where is the cheapest place to purchase a cardboard box for the size of a bass? What have you guys/girls have done yourselves?It will be going UPS ground.Thanks..

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Try this link for tips: NYC Guitar and Bass Boutique instrument shipping tips

Hopefully this will help somewhat. I haven't shipped a bass myself, so others will have to comment on where they got materials, etc.

Peace.

spreadluv

Fanboy? Why, yes! Nordstrand Pickups and Guitars.

Messiaen knew how to parlay the funk.

I've shipped and received about 20 basses in the last 18 months or so..... :) ...so I guess I have a pretty good idea about how to pack them.

With a HSC.....Some folk believe it's neccesary to completely loosen the strings..... I say keep the strings at tuned tension , keeps the neck where you want it.

Most Cases keep the bass pretty still, with little room for movement inside when shut,but I still like to wrap a small amount of bubble wrap around the headstock, then neck. I may wrap the body, depending on the bass, and how snuggly it fits in the case. Bubble wrap can be picked up at most any U-haul station, or Mailboxes Etc.

The case then goes in a Box. Preferable a Shipping box made for basses. ( I save them, and keep a few on hand )

If you don't have one (shame on you !!) you can easily make one.....get/buy some cardboard ( Staples, U-Haul , Mailboxes Etc. ) and 'make' a box , around the bass case, using some Tape and common sense.

Really simple . :)

PJR

If you make your own boxes why pay for them? Most retail stores have tons on hand about to be broke down. I get cardboard at Wendy's or the back of KMart when I need it. Especially after seeing what a friend paid at Mailbox Etc for amterials and to have them [poorly] wrap an instrument for him ; }

Archived