Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

What's Wrong with our Forum...

davebrownbass

start page?

Please, this is not criticism...musicgearnetwork is kind enough to tear down the old cork board by the waterfountains and put up a new tapeless board by the mens' room....I'm grateful.

But since the change, I can't get the start page to give me a trustworty listing of current postings. When I log on, I seem to get yesterdays page. I go back and forth betwixt topics, come to the start page and I sometimes see post counts go up and down...replies I've made are listed, then they aren't, then they are, weird stuff.

I can't tell which topics to open for new information because of the inconsistency....its this a problem with my Temp folder?

"Let's raise the level of this conversation" -- Jeremy Cohen, in the Picasso Thread.

Still spendin' that political capital far faster than I can earn it...stretched way out on a limb here and looking for a better interest rate.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Might be. I have no problem with it, since I delete all Cookies, History, and Temp folders every other day to save space, and the Lord knows my computer needs as much space as possible for it to even turn it on. But I have the Low Down Lowdown on my favorites list, so I jump straight to it upon clickage. I dunno, man, seems like you've got unresolved issues...just kidding, man. Hope things work out.

LIke just now. I posted this, came back and saw one reply. I read Patricks reply, went and did another post. Then I came back, and it said "0" replies. So I open it, and there is patricks reply.

"Let's raise the level of this conversation" -- Jeremy Cohen, in the Picasso Thread.

Still spendin' that political capital far faster than I can earn it...stretched way out on a limb here and looking for a better interest rate.

DBB, I've had some similar experiences since the "switch." I have to hit my "refresh" button on my browser to make sure I'm really looking at an up-to-date listing of postings, when I didn't used to need to do that.

I've noticed that when I log out, the top of the screen will sometimes still list me as "logged in" and I either have to "refresh" or log out again.

I agree -- something isn't quite as smooth about the board's operation -- and I, like Patrick, delete cookies, temp files, and history every couple of days as well.

spreadluv

Fanboy? Why, yes! Nordstrand Pickups and Guitars.

Messiaen knew how to parlay the funk.

I've seen many a forum running on UBB setups that can't seem to write accurate cookies. I've intermittently had to go to profiles to "Update New Post Indicators" to get synched - sometimes twice in a row. I was once told by an site admin that UBB has a bug, but I have seen one UBB forum that seemed to have found it and fixed it, or built a workaround.

Well, I always had to mess about with a periodic purge of malformed cookies and frequent "Update New Post Indicators". But any time there is a major change or a move to another server [farm] ther are likely to be a few burps above and beyond the median. Then, once everything gets propogated and synched between clients and servers it goes back to the usual state.

I never had to do what greenboy, now fully born again, is suggesting.

Just now, I opened the board, saw 6 replies on this thread, and it was 5 or 6 lines down.

I opened another topic, made a post, then discovered that this thread was at the top, with only 2 replies.

"what in the wide world of sports is going on here?"

As to the start page, there are issues that are being worked on to get this going. It (sometimes) takes a while to change where a page is going. In the meantime, use one of the magazine pages (like www.bassplayer.com) if you have trouble.

Tom

www.stoneflyrocks.com

Acoustic Color

Be practical as well as generous in your ideals. Keep your eyes on the stars and keep your feet on the ground. - Theodore Roosevelt

Archived