Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

How much for a mint 72 P Bass

57pbass

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
a good way to check out what people want to pay is to hit ebay and search for similar items on auction that are about to end or have ended already. i'm sure there's a "bluebook" value for these things, i just don't know what it is or where to find it.
Eeeeeehhhhhhhhh.

Bastid's idea is a good one. The other thing to do might be to search the web for vintage instrument dealers and e-mail or call them for a phone estimate. They ought to be able to give you a reasonable estimate of the instrument's worth if you give them good details about the instrument -- serial #, specifics about the condition, etc. That estimate, however, may or may not reflect what you can actually sell it for.

spreadluv

Fanboy? Why, yes! Nordstrand Pickups and Guitars.

Messiaen knew how to parlay the funk.

Look at vintage instrument sites like Gruhn Guitars www.gruhn.com or Elderly Instruments to see if there's a comparable axe. Also try gbase guitar mall.

There is a book pawn shops and used music dealers look up, I forget the name, it's like the Kelly Blue Book of used instruments. But its values are not necessarily accurate.

Of course it's only worth what somebody will pay for it--I wish they would remind people of that simple little facto on Antiques Roadshow when they quote wild numbers...always "at auction, this would be worth 50 million dollars...."

When comparing value, the venue for the sale is the measuring tape. If it's being sold on ebay, then ebay (or online auction sites) history for the item is the most accurate guage. If it's being sold in a huge major-market music store, then their history will give an indication of what it can bring. Likewise, if you're trying to sell one in Bugtussel, Georgia or out of the back of a van in DC, don't expect much.

I had a mint '72 Pee bass once, it wasn't worth much to me.

Archived