Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

F Bass

Jay J.

I recently got the pleasure of playing one of these guys. it was a BN5 with a black wood grain finish. I must say one of the coolest looking basses I've ever played. it also sounded just amazing and played like a dream. Now if I only had $3400 sitting around. anyone else played one of these. just thought I'd share check em out:

http://www.fbass.com

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Me: Hun I am going to spend $3,400 on a bass alright?

Hun: I hope you can live in it. :eek:

Links to pages like that will get my butt in trouble.

Honestly though, looks like they make one hell of a bass.

San Andreas,

The hope to save our nation by turning Las Vegas into a seaside community. ;)

I've tried them at The Bass Boutique in NYC. I like smaller bodies, but they sound and feel (neck) great. Very well made - a quality instrument.

Tom

www.stoneflyrocks.com

Acoustic Color

Be practical as well as generous in your ideals. Keep your eyes on the stars and keep your feet on the ground. - Theodore Roosevelt

Wow... Those ARE pretty. I don't think my IQ is high enough to play one, though. Actually, it doesn't matter -- even the cheapest one costs the equivalent of my mortgage for three months. So fuck that. I'll stick with my lowly P-bass.

\m/

Erik

"To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists of breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting."

--Sun Tzu

I own a BNF6 (Fretless 6) F Bass & it's one of the finest instruments I've ever played. (Passive & active with single coil & humbucking)

My friends Myron Dove, Victor Little & John Prock all have multiple F Basses as well. I believe about 4 each.

They are worth every penny!

Whappo

Shameless plug- i just beacme an F bass dealer, and owner- they absolutely SMOKE!!! they are now a must-have in my collection, which so far includes MTD and Roscoe- the F bass has a very unique ring and growl- a Fender on SUPER steriods- what i really dig is that with the eq flat- it sounds GREAT! so little adjustment is needed- an A +bass- heres my ash five:

http://access-bass.com/fbassahful.jpg

http://access-bass.com/fbasashbd.jpg

http://access-bass.com/fbassashhorn.jpg

http://access-bass.com/fbassahbk.jpg

Praise ye the LORD.

....praise him with stringed instruments and organs...

Let every thing that hath breath praise the LORD.

excerpt from- Psalm 150

visit me at:

www.adriangarcia.net

for His glory

I've been lusting after one ever since I saw them for the first time. I missed a used four string at a good price a couple months ago and regret letting it get away.

1000 Upright Bass Links, Luthier Directory, Teacher Directory - http://www.gollihurmusic.com/links.cfm

[highlight] - Life is too short for bad tone - [/highlight]

Originally posted by bassape:

Originally posted by bassaddik:

...heres my ash five:...

I dont like you anymore... :P;):D
Based on his collection, I've never liked him !!

Based on the forum and everybody that's gone to see him and deal with him, he's great....

Tom

www.stoneflyrocks.com

Acoustic Color

Be practical as well as generous in your ideals. Keep your eyes on the stars and keep your feet on the ground. - Theodore Roosevelt

Originally posted by bassaddik:

you guys!!! :rolleyes:

Man, you are making me scrimp every dang penny I can

RobT

Famous Musical Quotes: "I would rather play Chiquita Banana and have my swimming pool than play Bach and starve" - Xavier Cugat

And, if you call these guys, they are very helpful. Can't do enough to answer your questions, and help you locate a dealer in your area. That type of customer service means a lot to me, 'specially if I am gonna plunk big $K's in someone's hands (sorry Carvin, you loose).
"Arf", she said.

I was privileged to become the current owner of this F Bass a while back for a reasonable price. It continues to amaze me after months.

I didn't know much about them before, except I had tried another BN5 for a few minutes at a shop in another city and was blown away. I jumped on this one and have not regretted it for a second.

http://www.bunnybass.com/bass/fbassbn5ceruse.shtml

There is not a bad sound in this bass. Interestingly, it is the only one that noticeably changes my playing style and sound. For some reason I can play patterns and hit grooves that elude me on other instruments. There's something very confidence-inspiring about it when gigging, like you can't do anything wrong; I don't know exactly how that happens.

It's not about flashy "boutique"- every penny can be felt in the workmanship, playability, and sound. It fits like a custom suit, and the more I played it, the more I discovered how versatile and capable this thing is, all in an understated classy way. Have you ever held or used something, an instrument, tool, car, or whatever, that just blew you away, it was so wonderful? Like it was made just for you by someone who knew you better than you knew yourself? You probably moved heaven & earth to try & make it your own. Well, this bass was that for me after 20 years of playing.

What looks like a lot of knobs is really very simple. 2 pickups and passive tone on top; 3 band active tone on bottom. Pull up the passive tone to engage actives. It's like having a 2 channel amp with 2 different instruments plugged in. Very intelligent and useful even mid-song, once you get used to it.

These are like individual children of George Furlanetto, and they each reflect his passion and craftsmanship. I have never played an instrument that felt so strongly "created" by an individual. (That goes for my guitars too). So here's a big "thank you" to those wonderful instrument makers out there (large and small) that can still find ways to delight us with their labors of love.

Cheers- Jeff

• 1 month later...

After reading the responses here I felt I should chime in, even though I'm not a bass player. ;) It's good to see that the F basses are continually gaining popularity. I've met George Furlanetto and I can tell you that he is the kindest and most humble gentleman you will ever meet. It's nice to see that his hard work has paid off. :thu:

Chris

I've had the pleasure of playing an F bass....after all, i live very close to hamilton...man....*drool*.....*wipe*....they are really sumthin special...you know you got yourself a very unique sound when you own one....hell, the pick ups on the one i played were wood covered.....can't wait...anyone know how much the sperm bank pays....
Check out my work in progress.

Archived