Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Rocco Prestia update

SoundWrangler

Rocco Prestia Medical Fund info

Apparently Rocco's next in line for a liver transplant. Medical Fund is over $50K, but still far short of $300K goal. Here's a way to give him some respect!

...Known for his groundbreaking & inspirational playing in Tower of Power, one of the most bad-a**, bumpinest bass players to ever stalk the Earth (as most of you surely know - if you don't go find out - NOW!) Just to name one of the countless electric bass players whom Rocco has inspired; any of you Jaco fans who haven't put in serious time listening to this man - shame on you; you understand nothing!

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i just heard the same thing- Roccos onn top of the list- iys bitter sweet, you have to be inn real bad shape to get to the top of that list-- lets keep praying- by the way everyone- check out tthe lakland auctio for rocco- a bass i donated- please bid strongly so we can help him- peace!- Adrian

Praise ye the LORD.

....praise him with stringed instruments and organs...

Let every thing that hath breath praise the LORD.

excerpt from- Psalm 150

visit me at:

www.adriangarcia.net

for His glory

did he get his liver?/ thats awesome!!

im going to go see tower of power next week- wish he was there.. thats great news!!

Praise ye the LORD.

excerpt from- Psalm 150

visit me at:

www.adriangarcia.net

for His glory

YESS! i just checked and Rocco is doing well with his new liver so far!!

PRAISE GOD!!

the auction for the Lakland i donated is up and running- please check it out and bid if you are so inclined- thge item number is

heres Rocco signing the bass..

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/attachment.php?postid=601914

thanks to all who've helped!!

Praise ye the LORD.

excerpt from- Psalm 150

visit me at:

www.adriangarcia.net

for His glory

Good news! My prayers are with him. I know two other SF Bay Area musicians who had liver transplants. One is the drummer I worked with for four years doing the Tony & Tina's Wedding show. I believe he had his operation about two years before starting the show and he's doing great and in good health. The other is a guitar player in the San Jose area. I ran into him at Guitar Showcase about two weeks ago. He says he's doing fine but there can be problems since he has hepatitis C, so they're keeping a watchful eye.

Wally

I have basses to play, places to be and good music to make!

Great news about Rocco! :thu: I just attended my second funeral in as many weeks... Believe me, my prayers are also with him and his family, so as they do not have to go through the same thing...

"Suppose you were an idiot ... And suppose you were a member of Congress

... But I repeat myself."

-Mark Twain

http://artists.mp3s.com/artists/63/condition_1.html (my old band)

Great news! I wish him the best.

I was amazed to see how well David Crosby is doing so many years after his liver transplant.

Wonderful 5-string Lakland donation Bassaddik. We all thank you. :-)

Archived