Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

book value

BNC

I am looking to sell some equipment. The stuff I am selling is not very common, so I am having trouble finding a good price range. Is there something like the Kelly Blue Book for guitars? I went to their website and found nothing but cars.

Thanks!

Ben

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There is a blue book for musical equipment, but it's not inexpensive. You can call a music store that has one and ask them to give you valuations, or you can do a search on ebay for completed items that are identical (or at least very similar) to find out what kind of price you can expect to get for them. Remember, a book value is just a number that means nothing unless there's a buyer willing to spend as much for a particular item. I have seen instruments sell for much more than book value and others that you'd be fortunate to get half of what the book says.

Banta-

Thanks for the help! Alot several of close frinds work at the guitar shop I go to, so I am sure they will let me peek at their book. I have yet to look at completed auctions for the amps I am selling, not many currently for sale though. Thanks again for your advice.

Ben

Archived