Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

I need help

GuitarWolf

Hi, i really wanna start playing guitar but im having trouble chooseing between Bass and Electric guitar, they both sound awesome... It seems like Bass just plays background tones but it can have some sweet solos and can play a big part in Jazz and in music that follows the style of :evil: Godsmack :evil: . On the other hand Electric guitar can also have sweet solos and plays a major part in punk rock and other music styles. I would really apreaciate it if someone could give me some advise on how to choose the type of guitar thats right for me.

:thu:

When i was checking out guitars in my local store, and on the net the prices of both bass and electric were really high for my budget, could u give me any advise on how to find a good guitar at a low price ($279 and below)

YtseJam your Majesty!

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by D-Prime:

Hi, i really wanna start playing guitar but im having trouble chooseing between Bass and Electric guitar, they both sound awesome... It seems like Bass just plays background tones but it can have some sweet solos and can play a big part in Jazz and in music that follows the style of :evil: Godsmack :evil: . On the other hand Electric guitar can also have sweet solos and plays a major part in punk rock and other music styles. I would really apreaciate it if someone could give me some advise on how to choose the type of guitar thats right for me.

:thu:

When i was checking out guitars in my local store, and on the net the prices of both bass and electric were really high for my budget, could u give me any advise on how to find a good guitar at a low price ($279 and below)

From the little bit that you've shared with us, it seems that you're more drawn to the role of the guitar. You should do what makes YOU happy.

The Black Knight always triumphs!

you can get some cheap basses and guitar packages that come with everything you need to start playing for under 300 bucks. but I would recomend trying to find someone you know who plays one and go have them show you a few things and if you really like a particualr one you might want to spend a little more to start off, because if you get into it with a real cheap bass/guitar in about a year you are going to want new gear and are going to end up spending another 400 or more dollars. I am a big guy and have large hands so I am able to play the bass much easier than I can play the guitar. and I like it more too, but that is just me. for bargins check places like the guitar center when they are having a big sale (they usually advertise it on a local radio station)

If you wanna play solos go for the guitar, when you take up bass you're accepting that your going to play little humble parts in the background of the music and not play all the huge solos and main parts of the music.

Archived