Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Economy line Warwicks

Ryan Griffith

It seems Warwick has joined the fray & has just introduced an affordable (to us po' folk) line of bass! I always kind of liked Warwicks but certainly couldn't afford 'em, and I'm really curious about these new ones. The line's called Rockbass and they have versions of the Streamer, Corvette, and Alien acoustic. The Corvette's especially intriguing... it's got some good woods (alder body, maple neck, RW fretboard) and active EQ for only about $550. And the frets are nickel instead of brass, as on the pro version, which I always found to be on the too-bright side. Anyways, Just thought I'd report this find to everyone... it's always good to see more choices in the quality, affordable bass market! And I doubt Warwick would put their name on garbage, so I figure they're alright. Since I'm going to be graduating to a 5-string in the coming months, I intend to head down to GC and take one for a test drive... I'll let you all know what I think when I do!

Regards,

~Griff

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I took a chance after looking around for an affordable decent active bass. I ordered a more economical Conklin 4-string. I really like it a lot. It is beautiful, exotic woods(purpleheart and wenge), light ash body, bass and treble boost, well balanced, and a nice feature, a locking input jack. I think I got a great deal it was a web special through musician's friend. :D
"Don't Ask Me I'm Just The Bassplayer" UBP

Originally posted by converted:

I took a chance after looking around for an affordable decent active bass. I ordered a more economical Conklin 4-string. I really like it a lot. It is beautiful, exotic woods(purpleheart and wenge), light ash body, bass and treble boost, well balanced, and a nice feature, a locking input jack. I think I got a great deal it was a web special through musician's friend. :D

I played one of those in a GC recently. I thought it was pretty good, but it took me a few minutes to get used to the way the body "reaches out" to hold the neck heel. Sounded clean, looks really good, and played pretty smooth.

Tom

www.stoneflyrocks.com

Acoustic Color

Be practical as well as generous in your ideals. Keep your eyes on the stars and keep your feet on the ground. - Theodore Roosevelt

Originally posted by Wickerman:

The first any Guitar Center will have any RockBasses is April 5th. I'm having my GC order one from the Hollywood GC. A Corvette Classic 5. :D

Groovy... let me know how it is! I have to try out a MIM Fender Jazz 5 because.... well, because I really dig Fenders. If it's got the sound I want I might go for that, but cheap Warwicks are tempting, no?

:D

Regards,

~Griff

Originally posted by McGryff:

Originally posted by Wickerman:

The first any Guitar Center will have any RockBasses is April 5th. I'm having my GC order one from the Hollywood GC. A Corvette Classic 5. :D

Groovy... let me know how it is! I have to try out a MIM Fender Jazz 5 because.... well, because I really dig Fenders. If it's got the sound I want I might go for that, but cheap Warwicks are tempting, no?

:D

I'm pretty sure I'll order one but I'm not sure. I've got a prospect on the "hot chick that digs me" front so I may have to save some cash...

Archived