Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Any one using tascam US 428 / Event Ez bus?

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'd like to know too - I'm considering a way to go myself. The 428 sounded interesting, although I have heard that the latecy isn't that great. The killer for me was no phantom power on the mic pres - I want to use my Rode NT2, dammit! (Hard to see the point in going digital if you can't use condenser mics...) The Event looks more promising, but I'm still waiting to hear more from people who have used it.

Both of the devices you mentioned use USB 1.0 technology and have a advertised transfer rate of 1.5 Megabytes a second. Firewire has an advertised transfer rate of 50-55 Megabytes a second and USB 2.0 has an advertised transfer rate of 60 Megabytes a second. You have a very limited number of recording and playback tracks with USB 1.0. I just saw a USB 2.0 CD writer and I'm sure there are more products on the way. Unless I had to have something right now I would wait just a little while and see what happens. I guess you could use either one of those products as just a control surface and then use something else for your audio/midi I/O but I really think we will see a new generation of all in one fire wire/USB 2.0 products this year. Anyway there are a lot of people using these USB 1.0 devices effectively but if I could have that extra bandwidth I'd certainly take it. Just a heads up there.

Archived