Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

18 cabs

pfunku

I must say, i get the weirdest looks when I reguraly gig with my SWR bass 350 run mono(odviously)with my SWR Big Ben 18" cab. I guess im not cool enough unless i got 10's or a stack with three cabs triamped split into a moniter system with a fridge size rack with seperate amps and eq's with 30 different parametric and graphic eq's along with 2 seperate compressors(one ss and one tube) along with a tuner and 3 different surge protectors and finaly a Flux Capasitor that takes 1.1 gigawatts. Am i weird or is a single 18 with a simple amp run mono ok. It sure sounds good to me and people comment after the show at how surprised they were.

What do yall think.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's good that you keep your setup simple. The more stuff you have, the more you have to fiddle around with. I have an SWR-400s and Goliath II cab and they were in the shop about a month ago. I had to play a gig through a Peavey 18" combo. It gave a great dirty rock tone and fit the gig perfectly. I have heard the speaker response on 18s can be a little slow and you probably won't get the best highs, but if you're playing in a band and not solo, then the setup you have right now is probably great.

Seems like the top bassists out there use relatively few gizmos and effects, although the companies that make them would have you believe otherwise.........

• 3 weeks later...

I would expect people to look at ya funny if you were popping and slapping and doing hammer-ons w/ only a 18 cab. But if you are playing fat dubstyle bass....its perfect. These people who are giving you looks are probably not bass players..right.

Plus....less shit to move around!! If it aint broke....

peace

sdf

Archived