Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Warwick makes a 30" scale 6 string!!!

Jim T.

Hi everyone-especially you short scale folks.... I just saw online that Warwick makes 30" and 32" necks for all of their bolt ons. The Corvette Proline appeals. Their thumb bass is another possibility.

HAS ANYONE TRIED THEIR SHORT SCALE 5 OR 6 STRINGERS? OPINIONS ON THE LOW B SOUND? This MAY be what I've been looking for all this time!

IF YOU HAVE TRIED THEM PLEASE-OH PRETTY PLEASE GIVE ME AN OPINION OF THE LOW B SOUND. The GAS ANTICIPATION is killin' me! IS IT USABLE? I'm pretty certain that you'd have to special order these and not be able to try 'em out in the stores. MANY thanks! Jim T.

"When people hear good music, it makes them homesick for something they never had, and never will have."

Edgar Watson Howe

"Don't play what's there. Play what's not there" Miles Davis

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

dtitus, I just remembered that you're the Warwick Guy. You don't have an email adress listed so- do you know if there is any way that I could try SEVERAL short scale warwicks out to hear the low Bs for myself?

I live in the Seattle, WA area. Would these indeed be custom order only units? OR what would be the cost of a short scale "spare" neck? (One fretted, one fretless.)

If this is too crazy or expensive I may look into having a short scale neck made for my SR406 by Ed Roman or Warmoth,etc.

Thanks in advance, Jim.

"When people hear good music, it makes them homesick for something they never had, and never will have."

Edgar Watson Howe

Hey Jim,

You can email me directly at dalet@danabgoods.com if you would like. As for laying your hands on some of the new scale length basses that we offer, your best bet is to go to Bass Northwest. I think they have some in stock (maybe not 6-string versions, though). We do not sell the necks seperately, for two reasons. First, the necks need to be custom fit to the bass bodies, which we need to do to so the warranty stays valid. Second, our serial numbers are put on the back of the headstock, which makes it a logistical nightmare if we sell the necks by themselves.

Please feel free to email me if you, or anyone reading this, has any questions regarding Warwick stuff.

Thanks!

Dale

Hi Dale,

Thank you for your response. I'll give Evan and Chad a call and run down there soon. I'll have to see if the Warwick necks are too big for my hands but it'll be great to try 'em out. I'm excited about the short scale on a quality instrument at last. Warwick's were never my favorite asthetically but this might put 'em "over the top" for me now! Jim T.

Edgar Watson Howe

Not to dampen your enthusiasm, Jim, but have you tried out an Ampeg bass, yet? They seem to be a quality build. Read some good feedback on them. Not too expensive. Only 4 strings, though.

This message has been edited by plastic nut on 06-04-2001 at 11:00 PM

Hi plastic nut! Yeah, well... I'm strictly a 6 string guy. It messes with my mind if I don't have me high C and low B. Thanks tho, Jim.

Edgar Watson Howe

My local dealer just informed me that Warwick is holding off on the 30" scale 6 stringer for now. RATS! So near yet so far! I guess the 5s are available. Going to look into that custom neck for my 406 after all.

Figured I'd better pass this on unless Dale has an update... Jim.

Edgar Watson Howe

OK, last post on this from me (for now...)

Just thought I'd pass on Dale Titus' info. he emailed me, to keep you digitally challenged up to date. Warwick is working on prototypes and won't release something until the low B sounds good and the C doesn't sound thin. Hey, can't argue with doing it right! I'll try to be patient and check them out eventually. Thanks Dale!

Edgar Watson Howe

Archived