Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Bartolini Choices?

BoneTone

Hi! Thought I'd stop lurking and see if the expertise here could help.

The situation is...I have all the spec's ready to go on a custom, 5-string bass EXCEPT for the doggone pickups. I've spoken with Bass Central and with Bartloini's guy for the eastern USA (not much help there), and was given some choices that could work for what I described. I'd appreciate it if anyone could give me opinions or input on pickup choices.

Neck position pup: This is supposed to sound FAT, warm, and deep. The Bart M5, P5, and X5 soapbars were named as possible candidates for that criteria. Any experience with any of these or preference?

Bridge position pup: This is supposed to sound aggressive, punch-in-the-chest, perfect for slap style, so I'm thinking, MM design. But, I've never seen/heard the name Bartolini associated with such a description. (SD Basslines' MM came to mind, but I'm afraid the phasing/polarity/wire color coding, will be incompatible with the Bart & the Bart harness). I'm told the two Bart MM models differ only in cosmetics. Do you think the Bart could work for this application?

Any input/insight is appreciated.

This message has been edited by BoneTone on 05-24-2001 at 03:37 PM

This message has been edited by BoneTone on 05-25-2001 at 05:44 AM

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived