Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Kubicki tuners

Dan Richards

The D string on my Kubicki Factor tunes to just below where I need it and the gear stops short. I took off the string and lessened the amount, and then tried to tune it up again. Now it the tuner gear doesn't even tune as far as it did before.

I need some help here, please. How do the gear tuners work on a Kubicki, and how can I get enough room on the rotation of the gear to get the D string up to pitch.

Thanks for any comments or help or if anyone could direct me to a Kubicki newsgroup.

Dan Richards

Pro Studio Reviews

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If your string is not quite up to pitch and the tuner will not move, wind it down until you can take the string off the bridge and then use your thumb to and click the wheel back until it stops. Then put the string back on the bridge and tune. I have played an Ex-Factor since 1986. This was also recently discussed on the Yahoo Kubicki Club.
I have basses to play, places to be and good music to make!

Thanks, Wally. I figured out about the gear clicking last night when I pulled the string off. It's a little tricky at first, but once you understand how to do it, you can change strings on a Kubicki much faster than any other bass.

I've playing different basses for years, and never changed the strings myself. Working w/ the Kubicki is a breeze. I changed all the strings last night. I'll bet I could do it now in about 5 minutes.

I'll hunt down that Yahoo Kubicki Club. thanks!

Dan Richards

Pro Studio Reviews

Archived