Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Bass Amps

RobT

I know the Bass Amp combo thread has been a very interesting one. Now let's discuss the Bass Head (separate amp from cabinet). Any recommendations out there. I ask because 1) I was at a rehersal over the weekend with my church's Praise & Worship group and my beloved GK 400B which has given me 20 or so years of faithful service finally died. It may be able to be fixed. If not I will need to purchase a new(er) one. 2) I am on a budget I'd like to find a new(er) amp for less than $1k (way less). But I am negotiable. 3) Hey Ed, are you using any of the Carvin sound reinforcment products (amps, combo amps, cabinets)? If so what do you think of them (time for a shameless product endorsement) and 4) Since I started this thread what do most of you all in Low End land use combo amps (ease of use and cartage) or the separate pre amp/amp/cabinet route (flexible sound)?

Enquiring minds want to know ...

RobT

RobT

Famous Musical Quotes: "I would rather play Chiquita Banana and have my swimming pool than play Bach and starve" - Xavier Cugat

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

RobT

Currently I'm using an older Trace Elliot RAH350SMX head. It kicks butt and has been a real war horse. The Carvin stuff is a good deal for the money, I have yet to try the series III heads, they got rid of the tube preamp and went all solid state. I think that should be an improvement.

I'm trying to switch over to the amp/preamp setup with my TC Electronics 1144 preamp, just have to find a power amp that can out-gun my Trace.

------------------

www.edfriedland.com

Archived